jap size plates on uk car

Discussion in 'Lounge & Gossip' started by linh-ej9, Monday 16th Nov, 2009.

1. linh-ej9 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

has any one had problem with police about runnung jap size plates on there car? heard they are not allowed to have them unless your car is an import or made to use jap size plates?

2. Drifty-B Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

had no problems with a import plate on my Civic and a uk plate out back

3. haggis Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

you've just answered your own question

a lot of people take the risk....its up to you to decide if its worth risking a

4. EK-Leo Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

they are illegal as they are not the plates that come with your vehicle so its down to you really and how strict the police are, personally i run with the plates if i get pulled il open the bonnet and show its made in japan I've got a japanese engine lool japanese seats:Tongue:P:

5. stu1.4 Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

hasn't the fine gone up to

6. Loony Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Recaros are german :Wink:

There was loadsa threads on jap sized plates, personally never had a problem...I think its down to police and if they can be bothered to pull you over

7. haggis Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

i ran with an illegal back plate and no front plate for about a year...got stopped and said i was going to halfords to get sticky pads to put it back on cos it fell off :lol:

8. DanF Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Iv got import plates on mine and never had a problem.

Mine even have a BS number on them :Smile:

9. haz Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I ran JDM plates on a UK car for well over 18 months and never had any problems, Always had my UK plates in the boot just incase though

Haz

10. Site Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

yep as you said its illegal to run jap sizes/style plates on a uk model car...its all down to the police that pull you but to be honest....every copper thats pulled me other has been a complete dick head....they have all tried to say that stiff suspension is illegal :Grin: So you run them at your own risk....

11. Loony Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Haha what nobbers! what did you say about your suspension?

12. Site Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

i said "i blame the shitty roads in london, can't you go fill some potholes instead of pulling me over" :Smile: to be fair...he didnt like that comment :Grin: i got a full under bonnet check etc haha! VIN plates, engine code etc :Tongue:

13. Drifty-B Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

ha good goin lol

14. mu5k3r Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

thats what i do, but tbh aslong as you have the correct font and font size i don't think they would bother pulling you over for it.

15. Ross. Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Cops say if you have space for UK plates then your car should have UK plates.

Even if the car is an import.

16. Jasonday2007 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I run USDM size rear plate and no front plate on my uk car and have for months with no issues.

I've been followed and eye'd up by many a police car, marked and undercover, but not pulled once.

17. issie Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Morgan_3 got a

18. civicscott Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I've had mine on for about a year and never had a problem, even when I did get pulled they never mentioned it...

Mine have the BS code on them as well...

www.demonplates.com

That's where I got mine.

19. Loony Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

you have balls to run USDM plates, maybe you havent been pulled over yet as they think its a USDM import?

20. chelt_scene Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

thier fine mate been pulled many a time in the Civic with port plates on, never ever had a problem