Civic/5th Gen James' 1993 Civic EG6 SiR-S

Discussion in 'Project & Modification Logs' started by gorath23, Sunday 8th Nov, 2009.

1. Saifskyline Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

James, i was running a Toyosport 4-1 and it sounded like a subaru, i hated the sound and it felt like i lost power. So i sold that and put the standard sir one back on for now until i come across a nice 4-2-1 or a 4-2-2-1.

2. EGH_22 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

This is cool man, seeing egs with fogs so makes me want a set, found a set on ebay had 15 mins left then fell asleep lost out lol. I think i need an 4-2-1 mani hate the sound of a scoobie

3. gorath23 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Manifold has arrived. I shall post up some photos soon!

4. Saifskyline Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

This is my favourite SiR in the uk! congrats!

5. eg6-dohc-vtec Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

mine too, loooooooooove it, i must look at it everytime i log in.

6. nick1993 Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

awesome mate looks grate :Smile:

Last edited by a moderator: Wednesday 9th May, 2012
  7. Saifskyline Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

James i know what manifold you bought :Tongue:

8. gorath23 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Haha, for real? I'll go get a photo now. Finally have a spare moment.

Last edited by a moderator: Monday 5th Mar, 2012
  9. gorath23 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Ok, so its the Tegiwa 'Toda' Manifold. Having done A LOT of research over the past year or so, I knew I really wanted the Toda, but @ £1000+ for a new one I just wasn't prepared to spend that kind of cash on one item. So, I bought the closest thing to it. It pains me a little that it isn't period-correct or *Made in Japan* but nothing comes close to this design on a B16A so that trumps everything else.

Kinda Function over Form.......just.

Plus I came across this one used (although never fitted) and it was an £80 saving over buying brand new- it also arrived with an OEM Honda gasket too.

TegiwaMani1.

TegiwaMani2.

Anyway, very impressed with the construction, certainly looks better than the majority of other manifolds out there. I'm probably going to couple it with a JDM DC2/EK9 cat as I can't be bothered with the hassle of Decat's come MOT time. Plus I want to run the car at Brands Hatch and they have quite strict noise-levels.

10. Saifskyline Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I was expecting some Feels or 5Zigen lol, good choice though.

11. gorath23 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I know man, I was tempted. But the Feels one on eBay is dented and I'd bet money that the Tegiwa will make more power than a 5zigen. Plus all the 5zigen's I found were dented/scraped too.

12. Civic92 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I've just fitted a perfect 5Zigen ^_^

This is one beautiful EG and I LOVE the drivers seat but.. I'm just not a fan of Tegiwa goods. It looks quite nice though, I'll keep following so I can see how it performs

13. Hitmo Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

So your the one who beat me to this manifold! :Angry:

Haha just kidding, let me know how it performs!

14. gorath23 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Well, I'm not a Tegiwa-basher, especially as I bought this car from them! This product seems to be an exception TBH. I think they let themselves down a bit with the cheaper items- but Tegiwa were adamant that they used high-end production techniques with this and priced it accordingly. It seems beautifully made; they even stated that some of the welds are by hand.

If there was manifold out there that I thought had this beaten power-for-power I would have bought that instead (aside from the original Toda). Read any thread on Honda-Tech regarding 'The best header for B16A' and invariably the Toda will come out on top.

Sorry man, although it seemed to have been up for a while, I couldn't believe it hadn't sold already.

15. eg6boy1986 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Anyone ever tried the skunk 4-2-1?

16. Saifskyline Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

^ don't think people like them anymore lol.

17. gorath23 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

The new Alpha? Heres a dyno test of the Toda rep + SK2 Alpha and some others on a 1.8L. Toda rep comes out VERY well. The SK2 Alpha did better on a 2.0L block, but seeing as I'm running 1.6L, I think I made the right choice.

http://honda-tech.co...d.php?t=3005484

18. Saifskyline Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

indeed a good choice James, please get some before/after dyno results!

19. eg6boy1986 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I would also like to see this

20. Wilsonic Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

The Toda Tri-Y design is awsome. Gave me huge power gains over standard!