Civic/5th Gen James' 1993 Civic EG6 SiR-S

Discussion in 'Project & Modification Logs' started by gorath23, Sunday 8th Nov, 2009.

1. LIMER Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

saw this at tegiwa 6 months back cleanest one I've seen in real life :Smile:

2. Rick_EG6 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Sweet, looks so clean and exactly the same as mine haha. What colour is yours mate?

3. EG Geoff Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

4. gorath23 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Same as yours Granada Black Pearl, its the colour I've always wanted.

Little update: Spoon dampers/springs have arrived (very quick service from Japperformanceparts as usual). I am just waiting on some half-decent weather and a willing friend to help fit them.

P1020494.

Last edited by a moderator: Thursday 19th Nov, 2009
  5. gorath23 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Had a bash at fitting them today, rears went on ok, but I ran out of light (and hit a stuck bolt) on the fronts. Randomly met Simon as he just happened to be passing by whilst I was working on her, good meeting you man! Rears are quite low, I can only just get two fingers between arch and tyre.

6. gorath23 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Got round to finishing the suspension up today, got a little frustrated with sticky bolts though. The fact that it is in such good condition can be a bit of a curse, theres very little play in the bushes and it made it difficult to realign everything once it had been unbolted!

Anyway, heres some random shots of the install. First time doing something so major to my car.

Bye-bye Zeals:

P1020496-1.

P1020498-1.

My makeshift weather-barrier....I really miss having a bigger garage!

P1020500-1.

The Car is all dirty and grease-streaked from my hands, so I shall clean it before posting up fully fitted pics.

7. Pearse Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

aww its a pain in the arse mate, i struggled with mine

8. shawthing001 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Nice looking car mate. The Recaro looks pimp in it. You should head down to one of the Brighton meets sometime. We need a new face to give us some fresh banter :Grin:

9. shawthing001 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Nice looking car mate. The Recaro looks pimp in it. You should head down to one of the Brighton meets sometime. We need a new face to give us some fresh banter :Grin:

10. HONDAndy Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Nice cover to work under :Grin: look forward to more pics :cool:

11. b18ctrb Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Nice EG6. I love it

12. gorath23 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I finally found the winter wheels I had been looking for (for absolutely ages); Rare 15'' optional OEM wheels. You hardly ever see these on UK cars, although they are a little more common on imports. They were available in black from the factory (even UK models) but I've never seen a set. I shall be repainting mine obviously!

OptionalWheels.

OptionalWheelCatalogue.

I also picked up a few bits to finish the interior, OEM SiR-S horn button, DIN block off plate and some Autostyle tailored mats (which are crap). I wish I had just bought some OEM black ITR mats instead.

Last edited by a moderator: Sunday 20th Dec, 2009
  13. eg6-dohc-vtec Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

verry nice mate, you selling the sparco wheels?

14. zombie86c Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I've seen those wheels befor ewith rover centre caps..car looks gorgeous dude, good work!

15. gorath23 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Most definitely not, haha! The Sparco's have RE-01R's on them and they don't like rain or any temperatures below 10 degrees so I need another set of wheels and tyres for winter use.

16. Ade T Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Looks like a minter!

17. Pneuma Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

you seriously need to get to a brighton meet buddy....this car needs to be seen!

18. gorath23 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I did, I went to the first one in December! I looked for your car but I don't think you were there :Frown:

19. Pneuma Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

oh really!?

I think i was on tour for that one.

We should be meeting up in the coming week.....post christmas meet!

20. gorath23 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I've posted a few pics in the other sections but I haven't updated this in ages! Mainly because I've been having too much fun driving it! A few new bits in the last couple of months, but I've mainly been selling and trading parts. Recent additions are the Spoon N1 and finally reinstating my beloved Bridgestone RE-01R's. The wheels were recently powdercoated silver and I sourced new OEM decals for the doors in silver. I've decided to stick with the OEM look, so my fixed back seat is up for grabs and hopefully I'm picking up the remnents of a minty fresh Kouki interior plus some extras. Possibly looking at getting the JDM 4-1 manifold with heatshields for a stealthy look under the bonnet.

The most recent pics in the sun:

EG62011.

EG62011-2.