Civic/5th Gen Jakk's 1994 Milano Red EG6 VTi. 2015 chassis refresh/upgrade time

Discussion in 'Project & Modification Logs' started by Jakk, Tuesday 28th Jan, 2014.

1. Jakk Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Finally got it! Wanted one for years. After being let down with a green EG6 complete impulse buy on Honda Parts For Sale on FB I was properly on the hunt for one. Decided it had to be a genuine EG6 as I can't insure an engine swap and they have the best spec - rear discs, fold flat interior etc. 

B16-z told me he had a UK EG6 VTi for sale soon - viewed and put a deposit on this in November and picked it up on Saturday. We had an absolute mission on Saturday as my mate had bought a DC2 which was in Somerset and was due to be picked up Saturday afternoon.

67451674-D442-4DA7-9D74-2E6C35538CF1_zpshw2dipsj.

Got some plates made and drove it home:

FEDDC9F3-DEDD-4996-BEE0-0A3658067B3A_zpsryi7jalo.

4F665118-9AD7-4E9A-824E-17849DDA0703_zpsvpexwchc.

Got us 180 miles to Somerset to get the Integra

7FDA213C-A5F5-4A54-ADAD-4394B4641C16_zpswakp56ey.

E327CCFB-D2A4-4CCA-AF4A-8F33D21096B9_zpsjzgz0wzd.

EF61C69D-E098-4F99-A5B5-C49F97723DC4_zpsl88l1eqq.

Hit a rabbit on Saturday night which made a bit of a mess:

FA6F52AF-1252-4D57-A44C-B0ED88A103C5_zpszbpx1kde.

Pretty pissed off but what can you do?

362D03C1-AB12-44DC-8768-F6F02C9AB1FC_zpsd5qs37on.

Fleet is back up to 3!

Really happy with it, needs a few little bits doing but they'll get done soon. Engine seems really healthy, no smoke and it's pretty quick! My Accord Type-R is a bit quicker but there's not that much in it. Think the clutch has started slipping slightly :Frown: Surprised at how smooth the B16 feels around town, feels really smooth and refined compared to the D14.

Plans:

Spoon N1

Manifold

Denji headlights

Fit my coilovers

White Slips or bronze TE37s

And a few other little bits.

I'm absolutely knackered now so I'm off to bed, sorry for the lack of detailed post! Thanks Zed, Ishy etc  :Smile:

Last edited by a moderator: Saturday 14th Mar, 2015
    Stephenbelfast97 likes this.
  2. sennz Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Good stuff.
    Paint looks damn good :Wink:

EG's are simply the best chassis too!

3. Wicksy Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

That looks mega clean man, awesome!

4. Kadir Retired ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Must have been a good day!

Bin that exhaust.. Looks good otherwise! :Smile:

5. nav eg9 sir II Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Wicked base to start off. Glad its a VTi not LSi etc. Looking forward to how it turns out

6. Shuthan Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Good stuff, rare to find a good example of an EG6.

7. Loplop Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Was loving this on Sunday night, was surprised at how rapid it is.

Backbox is fucking hilarious. Doesn't sound as bad as it looks though.

Was a proper squeeze in the back doe.

8. Shaggy EK4 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

9. Kyron Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom kyron Wolverhampton
    bet that was a fun trip 

10. frank_eg Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Nice clean eg6, always had a soft spot for red ones :Grin:

11. Hamza Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Nice buy.

About bloody time you bought it!

You've been talking about it for months!

12. Shuthan Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Have to say, nice line up you got going, ATR, EK and EG...

And that driveway looks massive?

13. b16-z Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

It did take time yes but as Jakk and everyone else can see im sure it was worth the wait?

I hope you really enjoy her its been parked a long time but you got to see her like no other potential buyer would 

its a shame im selling up and getting rid of all my cars but needs must sometimes....

If you ever do need anything or have any problems im a phone call away mate 

14. Jack0o93 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Looks immaculate! no sunroof either?

15. type_r_baby Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

nice car man. u need to bring it on a wales run and we can have some fun

16. chris-vtec Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

hard to beat a clean eg6!! looks a good one.. all the best with it buddy!!

17. Loplop Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

From what he's told me you've been excellent to deal with and the car is brilliant!

18. Jakk Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

It was an awesome day yeah! About 500 miles, 425 of those were in the EG6 :Smile: Don't worry, exhaust will be one of the first things I change...

As soon as I decided I was after an EG I decided I wanted a VTi as I can't insure engine swaps. Plus they're that much rarer and more special!

Sounds OEM from inside tbh, dunno what it was like from outside?

I was originally gonna buy a Tahitian Green one but got messed about, I put the deposit on this one in November I think! 

DC2 next I think :Wink:

And yeah there's quite a bit of room at my parents house, part of the reason I don't wanna move out :Tongue: although they're kicking off about filling the place with cars...

Well worth the wait mate! The engine seems sweet as a nut, hardly uses any oil, can't see any smoke and it pulls hard. Yeah I saw the car under the skin which was nice as I knew exactly what I was getting! 

Got a few little bits to do but she's gonna be sweet! I've just dropped you a text actually.

Honestly mate I'm well happy with it :Smile: Impressed that it got us to the DC2 with no issues after such a long time parked up too!

It does have a sunroof yeah, colour coded so may be difficult to see.

Did the EVO Triangle with Loplop and Antisanta a couple of days after getting my ATR, will definitely be heading back up there this year! 

Absolutely love it man! You should get an EG9 :Wink:

19. type_r_baby Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

I'm sure u came on the last one but u guys were late and did your own thing. Brian has my number so next time u decide to go on a run give us a shout and I'll drive down! yet to see his 5 as well!

20. Loplop Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Yeah we missed all the NSX guys unfortunately :Frown: Was a good day regardless doe!

Haha, I'd have to have four doors if I was gonna get one Jakk, the rear seats are just too sexy :Wink: