JAE 2014 CL OFFICIAL INFO (NO CHATTING)

Discussion in 'Club In Attendance' started by 1964, Wednesday 16th Apr, 2014.

1. 1964 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

So, you're thinking about this September. You've got a weekend, namely the 4th to the 7th of September free, you were planning on doing some grocery shopping, maybe talking the kids/dog/insert being here for a walk, cleaning the house, washing the car? 

Well, that idea sucks. 

This year, Civiclife aims to be a bit more on the ball with JAE (as you can probably tell by the fact we're actually organising it this early)!

As we are sorting out bits early, we thought you guys might as well get in on the info! 

This year, your organisers are:

hazey (Kurt)

Site (Ross)

Myself, 1964 (Ash)

Now, please don't message us every five minutes asking for info. That's why this thread has been created. All info we get we will post here and most likely edit THIS POST so please keep checking the first page before asking questions. 

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

Firstly, I demand that you read the following thread

Most of the info you will need is already in that thread, however any changes will be listed here. I will edit the other thread accordingly but I may not have time to edit two threads so please refer to the How To for general guidelines and this thread for our conduct this year (2014) 

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

General Info: 

Tickets: £30 for Fri-Sat or Sat-Sun OR £35 for Thurs-Sun click the follwing link to buy tickets http://www.japcarclub.org/index.php/ticket

We will NOT be buying tickets beforehand this year; we are sick of people 'committing' then not showing up or bailing at the last second. This means you will have to either buy your ticket from the link or on the gate. We will ignore all ticket questions unless stated otherwise. You will also, however have to contribute £1 towards the cost of the generator we will be bringing.  See campsite section below.

Note: Roughly, the ticket price and cost towards camping with Civiclife will bring the total spending to £32 if 50 people commit and turn up.  (£30 ticket + £1 for plot and £1 for generator fuel). We will likely ask for the extra £2 in advance via the Civiclife paypal and distribute it to the right people. This will need to be cleared with the other staff so don't rush to do this. There will be a deadline for this payment and will consider this your commitment to the weekend with us

PRICES:

Thurs-Sun: £35*

Fri - Sun   : £30

Sat - Sun  : £30

*I would appreciate a few members (people who know how to set up gazebos, bbqs, etc) coming down on Thursday. 3 other people should be fine, but feel free to come regardless, thats just a minimum I ask for in relation to helping me set up.

Campsite: 

We have camped in Fuji, Okyama, Tsukuba and Ebisu in previous years of JAE (see below map) We will be willing to take suggestions as to where to camp, however we have some idea already of what might suit us. Once we have an idea of what people want from our campsite, we can provide some options to you all as to exactly what plots to book. This will be decided by the next Friday, no ifs or buts.

This is largely so that we can secure a place to set up our stand, as we honestly aren't too fussed but know that some members might be. Because it costs us to book extra plots (we get one free) we will be asking for a contribution to Site and hazey who will pay for it. The more of you who come, the less this will be each. Needlessly, the less of you that come, the more it will be, each. 

Additionally, Law will be bringing a generator which runs on, well, fuel. This means we will be asking for a further £1 from each of you to help keep this running. This allows us to have music (we will attempt to sort out speakers, but feel free to chime in if you want to bring some) and also keeps phones alive for the weekend. If we need anything else, such as lighting, power tools on a plug, stuff that runs from a plug, that can also be an option, so please keep this in mind. 

[​IMG]

Food: 

Last year we attempted to have a communal food thing. This worked somewhat, but not greatly. So, because of this, unless you ALL want to go in on a communal food store, we will simply be bringing a BBQ and you must supply coals if you wish to cook (as well as your own food and drink, obviously). As I usually store this BBQ, I also ask that anyone who cooks on it lends a hand setting it up, cleaning it and taking it down upon arrival and before leaving. 

RUBBISH: 

Self explanatory - Don't leave your rubbish everywhere. Put it in the boot of your car if you have to, but DO NOT leave it strewn around our campsite. It ruins photos, it ruins the campsite, it ruins our weekend and usually means that myself and a few regulars are left clearing up YOUR mess. This makes us less willing to organise the next year, so please stick to this rule if you stick to any of em. 

Setup: 

We are always grateful for those of you who help us set up and take down each year! This year will be much the same, however we ask again, that you help. It's a community of people, so we might as well behave like one :Wink: Not much else to say on this front... 

List: 

So, all that's left for the moment is to start the list of attendees up!

1. 1964

2. Law

3. Site

4. Rapey

5. Shuthan

6. Antisanta

7. Coupeciviclsi plus stefan

8. Loony

9. Hazey

10. Jakk

11. jhollyyox

12. ek9_civic

13. ek9_civic - mate with 1st Generation CR-X 

14. ek9_civic - mate with 2nd Generation CR-X

15. 13ob

16. benbarnes      

17. Peteoiz

If I've missed anything I will add it once I'm home, I've just been solidly avoiding doing any work at work. So I probably have missed a bunch of stuff. Again, please check the HOW TO JAE thread as I'll likely have covered it there. If you'd like to chat, have a look at this thread, let's keep this as clean as possible: 

Last edited by a moderator: Wednesday 13th Aug, 2014
  2. Shuthan Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

1. 1964

2. Site (+1)

3. Hazey

4. Shuthan

3. Law Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Another thing to add.

I will be bringing a big generator this year for music, lights and phone chargers etc.

What I won't do is supply fuel for free. Ash- can I suggest that you add £1 onto each ticket to cover fuel costs?

4. 1964 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

edited Law :Smile: also added rough price guide

5. 13ob Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I'm so coming again but I'll be there on the Thursday

1. 1964

2. Site (+1)

3. Hazey

4. Shuthan

5. 13ob

Last edited by a moderator: Wednesday 16th Apr, 2014
  6. 1964 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Sweet will add you to the big list, can people copy from the list int he first post, sorry Bob, Shuthan replied before I'd edited it with the list from the other thread haha 

7. ek9_civic Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I gather CL you will be having a club stand and if so is it possible to be on the stand just for the Sat 6th Sept ?

8. Site Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

im not sure if they are doing what they did last year...no cars were being admitted to the stands for one day only if i remember correctly...i will email and find out :Smile:

9. benbarnes Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

1. 1964

2. Law

3. Site

4. Rapey

5. Shuthan

6. Antisanta

8. Loony

9. Hazey

10. Jakk

11. jhollyyox

12. ek9_civic

14. ek9_civic - mate with 2nd Generation CR-X

15. 13ob

16. benbarnes

Last edited by a moderator: Thursday 17th Apr, 2014
  10. 1964 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

You will have to purchase the cheapest ticket as there are no day options, unless you want to park inpublic. 

11. hazey Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

There is 2 plots left in Tsukuba, so if we want 3 plots this is not going to be possible.

There is around 30 plots left in Okayama so this is most likely where we will be camping due to Ebisu and Motegi now being full!

If you could all look here -http://www.japcarclu...x.php/okayama-2

Please post up any suggestions as to where you'd like to be based for the days you are all here (please post in the CHAT thread).

Thanks - Kurt.

12. hazey Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

I know we said next Friday, but as posted above JAE is getting full quick! So to secure a position we've decided to go with Okayama and plot locations O5, O6 & Q5.

I've had confirmation from JAE of payment for the 2 plots (we also get another free as mentioned above), so we have 3 plots of 20m x 20m in size each.

JAE also said this in one of the emails to me about plot allocations...

"Don't forget Wicksteed are doing a lot of development so this is a provisional and we will locate you as close to the plot as we can once we get access to the venue and can redesign the layout of the fields"

I'm sure this won't be a problem, either way aslong as we have 3 plots together we'll make the most of it and have a dope time anyway!

Looking forward to it and can't wait to see familiar faces again!

We are also now listed on the Okayama club list section of the JAE website :Wink:

13. Law Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

14. hazey Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Okayama_zps43e7039a.

The red marks where we are obviously...

I have just noticed on the JAE site that we are down for O5 Q5 & Q6, but I actually asked for O5 Q5 & O6. I've emailed them asking to change it as the O6 plot looks bigger but their all 20m x 20m plots so I'm sure we'll get our space no matter.

It's the bottom plot that may change, so it's either O6 or Q6, just so everyone knows.

Heres a link to the website listing the club names. - http://www.japcarclu...cations/okayama

general_layout_zps2763aa4e.

See the Purple DOT in the Okayama section, this is where we are.

Quite close to one of the toilets but hopefully not an issue....

What do you all think?

Edit: Thanks Law!

Last edited by a moderator: Friday 18th Apr, 2014
  15. 13ob Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Can't wait for this XD

16. ek9_civic Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Yeah looks like I would have to purchase the Sat & Sun (£30 ticket) and then just do the one day.  Are ticket prices cheaper if you are on a club stand or do you also have to pay for a club stand pass?

Just emailed JAE to see if they will allow me to have the car on a club stand for just the Saturday, ie.. bring it early doors on Saturday morn, put it on the club stand and then disappear after the event finishes on the Saturday.

17. Peteioz Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

1. 1964
    2. Law
    3. Site
    4. Rapey
    5. Shuthan
    6. Antisanta
    8. Loony
    9. Hazey
    10. Jakk
    11. jhollyyox
    12. ek9_civic

14. ek9_civic - mate with 2nd Generation CR-X
    15. 13ob
    16. benbarnes 

17. Peteioz

18. iRELOADED Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I'll be there however im attending with the boys over at civicjordan. I'll be sure to pay you guys a visit though :Smile:

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 920 using Tapatalk

19. andycivicmarlin Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I just read something that made me trololol.. 'don't leave rubbish behind or around the campsite'.. ash didn't you fill a bbq an put a tent over the top to disguise it hahaha

20. 1964 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Nope, wasnt my idea in the slightest. I took a picture of it.