Insurance It's worth to repair?

Discussion in 'Insurance & Breakdown Cover' started by play33, Sunday 22nd Jul, 2018.

1. play33 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hello everybody.

I had an accident last week and the firemen come and had to cut the B-pillar, the doors, the back door, and a small part of the roof of my almost brand new CR-V. I purchased in November 2016.

Do you think is reparable? or should be a Total Loss.

I could get just this picture which a neighbouring mine was passing and take it.

* In this same day, had a thunderstorm in my area, so imagine without doors the inside of my car.

Any idea what the insurance will go do? The police still have the car, but Honda will collect it.

Regards

Attached Files:

2. HondaHeritage Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

slim london
    welcome to honda karma
    to hell with the car how is your wife???

play33 likes this.
  3. play33 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi, she is OK. Went to hospital and nothing bad found. She is with a neck and back pain and taking some tablets.

HondaHeritage likes this.
  4. HondaHeritage Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

slim london
    glad to hear this
    now back to your car :happycrying:

play33 likes this.
  5. play33 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Ok, thanks for asking about my wife. :Smile:

Do you think they will repair or the insurance will pay me off a new car? I have GAP, full insurance as the car is just 1 1/2 year with 7000miles.

6. HondaHeritage Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

slim london
    a difficult one to call it would depend on the structual damage created buy the fire brigade ,shame you don't have some more pictures
    how did the accident occur ?

play33 likes this.
  7. play33 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

DRiving on A6 through Bedford from Kettering, a driver out from a small street and hit my car. He even didn't look my car. The good is I have a dashcam which records everything.

I ask this because the car is new and one friend which works as mechanical said the car will never be the same when they cut this pillar. Is more for security as the airbags jump as well.

8. HondaHeritage Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

slim london
    as this is not your fault i would sit back and make sure that your insurance claims for a new car and not forgetting to claim for injuries sustained by your wife
    i certainly would not want the car put back on the road it won't be the same
    don't forget its the other drivers insurance that will be footing all the bills

play33 likes this.
  9. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom Ed Wiltshire
    Glad to hear everybody is ok. The car will be a total loss, and frankly, you don't want it back IMHO.

You have gap insurance, so use it and get a new one.

play33 likes this.
  10. play33 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I called yesterday to Honda and they diverted my call to a solicitor which will take care of all. Also the claim for injuries by my wife. I also lost my tickets to close a business in Brazil yesterday. All cancelled because doctors told to see my wife's conditions for 72hours, just in case.

I will go to Honda tomorrow to take more information.

Good to have found this forum as we can clarify questions. I drive from 18years old and never had any accident until Friday. :Smile:

Thanks
    - - - Updated - - -
    Looks the video and tell me what you think about the accident.

https://1drv.ms/v/s!ApXmepTVzNbIx0rbAUce164zYd1w

HondaHeritage likes this.
  11. HondaHeritage Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

slim london
    wow !!!!!

play33 likes this.