Engine & Gearbox itr camshaft in b16a2?

Discussion in 'Honda B-Series' started by smithy13, Monday 9th Nov, 2009.

1. smithy13 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

hey guys seen some ITR camshaft forsale on ebay.

was just wondering if they fit the b16a2 and are a good uppgrade or is it just CTR camshaft and valvetrain that fits?

smithy13

2. MeisterR Commercial Services Trader

Depends on which one, from what I understand late spec ITR cams are the same as the CTR cams.

3. Ash-310 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

yeah thats what i thought! 98 spec ITR camshafts are the same as EK9 ones!

4. Saint Matt Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

No, UK/JDM ITR cams are the same regardless of year, and they are different to B16B cams. Only 2000 (fairly certain on year, doesn't matter too much though) on USDM Integras had the EK9 spec cams in due to them having lower static CR.

HTH, Matt

5. likekites Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

so they a worthwhile upgradez?

6. Beau23 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

unless u upgrade the map exhaust and inlet u won't see gains

7. amer Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

my mate made 173bhp with 98 spec ITR cams on b16a2 which is smoky as fuck lol,

its much better if you change the exhaust manifold aswell as the valvesprings and retainers if your raising the rev limit to ITR's and a remap will help alot,

but standard intake manifold are more then enough on b16as and changing then to itrs or ctrs will not gain you anything but you might loose some power

8. Arshad Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Youl will make 7 BHP without any thing else jus cams only

9. Gary. Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

lulz

10. Beau23 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Ha ha yeah then when your valve train can't handle 8500rpm. And where did you get a 7bhp gain just from throwin some cam's in

11. Saint Matt Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

I made +38bhp by changing intake (AEM hybrid), intake manifold and throttle body (skunk2 pro), skimmed head, ITR cams/valvetrain, cat-back (invidia) and mapping on my '91 CR-X VTEC. So yeah, worth it if you throw some money at it.