ITR cams??

Discussion in '6th Generation (1996-2000)' started by civic_bitch, Thursday 3rd Dec, 2009.

1. civic_bitch Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Hey guys

Myt have some standard 96 spec JDM teg cams and was wondering if i put them in mine will i have to upgrade the valves, springs, etc or will they be fine..

B16a2 head/ B18c4 bum... :Smile:

2. EM1_Coupe Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

it will run fine but u not gona see any big gains unless u remap it

3. civic_bitch Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

It needs remapping anyway, just thought of this as an idea :Smile:

4. andycivicmarlin Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

it would be worth using the valvesprings an retainers from the ITR aswell, the DC2 cams are renowned for been bit wild with b16 collets lol

5. civic_bitch Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

lol, sound like feisty lil fuckers, haha :Grin:

6. captain_sl0w Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I ran ITR cams on my standard B16 valvetrain for about 6 months and had no problems whatsoever. Many other people have the same experience with the cams. You can keep using your current valvetrain as long as you don't change the rev limit.

You won't need to get a remap, you can just drop them straight in. You won't see worthwhile improvements with a remap - none to justify the cost of it anyway.

7. civic_bitch Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

With or without the cams tho I need a remap, lol... I was just seeing if it would be worth throwing them in too and seeing if id need to change bits :Tongue:

8. Bong Guest

You stated you need a remap regardless of the cams

If you having a remap and you add cams the tuner will map the car with the cams in mind making more power

If you map the car using your standard cams the car will be mapped to suit the standard cams, as they are less aggresive it won't make as much power

9. civic_bitch Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

So what you think.. Add them if I get them.. I just don't wana add them and find I have to get the valves, springs, etc... I was onyl asking as the Teg cams are guna be free :Grin:

10. captain_sl0w Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Just buy the ITR cams and drop them straight in - then get your remap

11. civic_bitch Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

They are free, lol, if i get them... as said was just checking they wud go straight in and work and i wouldn't have to upgrade anything else...

12. captain_sl0w Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

what did i write in the previous post?

PERHAPS USING CAPSLOCK WOULD HAVE MADE IT CLEARER

13. johnny 5 Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Is that true? coz i was thinking of upgrading my EK4 cams with ITR ones and thought this was a worthwhile mod without a remap? any ideas how much work is involved to change cams?

14. Gary. Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I'll give you

15. .ku Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

this is like the 10th thread about Type-R cams...

look in the tech section