Engine & Gearbox It Never Seems to End - Power Steering Pipe Leak

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by Heckler, Tuesday 9th Apr, 2019.

1. Heckler Club Moderator Club Staff

So whilst I was having the fuel pressure regulator valve fitted today (Cost a grand total of £53.50), we noticed that there's a leak in the power steering pipe, near where it goes through the support bracket before dropping down behind the engine to the rack.

It must have happened recently as I've been driving the car around as my daily for the last 6 weeks and I know I checked all the fluids before I swapped over to this car.

It's a job I had to do on the tourer and I've seen other cars with leaks there too whilst I was searching for the replacement. It's just crappy luck that mines gone at the same time as the fuel relief valve.

But at least the car now starts first time every time in less than 2 seconds again.

I hope this is not a sign of things to come and just a lot of minor jobs that are simply wear and tear... I never had so many of these problems on the tourer when I bought it with 156k on the clock... Perhaps these jobs tend to crop up around the 120-130k range which is where mine sits.