ICE & HFT Is this something to be concerned about?

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by Phil1978, Wednesday 13th Nov, 2013.

1. Phil1978 Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

United Kingdom Phil Salisbury
    Evening all,

I've just been looking over an advert of a car I'm interested in and spotted this photo.

media.

I'll speak to the dealer about it, but if it doesn't have a disc I am wondering how much these discs are if needed.

2. Ichiban Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

England CJ Leeds
    You are missing the sat nav disc , they are expensive 180 if I recall correctly.

3. Phil1978 Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Blimey, that's an expensive disc, if he hasn't got it, he can't show me the sat nav works, that'll be that car ruled out.

4. i-DSI Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Belgium Aalst
    Is this the only reason that holds you off this car? You can also agree on a price and other conditions, like in a way of: 'If you deliver the disc with the car and show the sat nav working, I'll buy this one.'

5. Phil1978 Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

To be honest sat nav isn't a must for me, but if the car has it, I want to see it working, or I could spend £180 on a disc then another couple of hundred pound getting it sorted if it doesn't work, also the other car I am interested in is only 14 minutes up the road.

6. Leo at H-Tune Director H-Tune Staff

United Kingdom DeviateDefiant Kettering
    TtySFgm.

Just spoke to HH to see what their price was on a Sat Nav Drive for the PFL. Over £4000...

Ichiban and Phil1978 like this.
  7. Ichiban Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

England CJ Leeds
    That is not a lot is it?:Tea:

8. Phil1978 Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Back on the laptop now, I can spell again, sorry about the trigger incident:Blushing: should have said dude, anyway back on topic, how can they charge so much, what is special about the drive itself, just the connections I suppose.

9. Leo at H-Tune Director H-Tune Staff

I think it's that a limited supply are left or they are just such a pain in the arse for Honda that they've purposefully priced it out of reach. There's so many issues with the drives themselves.

10. Phil1978 Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

There is a pre face lift being broken on ebay, I was keeping an eye on it for the roof rails it's a Type-S, not sure if it's got sat nav or if it'll be any good to you.

Honda Accord Tourer 2.4Type S Parts BREAKING | eBay

Just looked again, no sat nav :Whistle: sorry.

11. Leo at H-Tune Director H-Tune Staff

Thanks for trying anyway lol, I check every couple of days to see :Thumbup:

12. sogrot New Member Getting Started

Hi. The DVD runs your SatNav!

13. Tomburley New Member Getting Started

United Kingdom Tom Burley Ashby de la Zouch
    I bought a genuine Honda DVD on Ebay for £16.99. 2018 Maps for W. Europe. Worked perfectly.

14. Heckler Club Moderator Club Staff

Depending on what disc you need... V2.xx for PFL and V3.xx for FL... they you can pick them up on ebay. I found a seller with 2018 V3.xx discs and they're genuine as far as I can tell... you can normally spot a fake by the written surface of the disc and the printed side... if the one I bought is a fake, it's identical to a legit one. I've compared them side by side and cannot see a difference at all.

So I got a 2018 disc for about £30.

But you are correct... you need to see it working or you have to factor that into the asking price. It could be the seller just didn't have it installed when taking the pics (I've not read every post in this thread, so that may have been mentioned or discounted already)... But on ebay a replacement dvd unit will set you back a couple of hundred, and the whole system closer to £400+... But if it's faulty, it's 90% likely to be the DVD unit and a disc isn't going to be expensive... So assume say, £300 off the asking price.

However... if the car is a PFL... don't bother getting one with satnav, the last map disc made for those was 2011. at least FL cars have had maps up to 2018 and because the same system was used in other models... chances are you'll get a couple more years of updates... they didn't swap over from dvd's across all ranges until around 2014 I think. I know the CR-V until early 2010's and the 8th Generation Accord had dvd maps.

Last edited: Friday 8th Mar, 2019
  15. Nels Club Moderator Club Staff

Don't you mean FL?

16. Heckler Club Moderator Club Staff

Yup.. edited