Is there anyone here that acctually likes Heavy Metal

Discussion in 'Music Section' started by Sega, Tuesday 18th May, 2010.

1. Sega Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

On forums I've been on the last few days I've noticed quite a few fans mostly because of the sad passing of Dio, but I've noticed very little metal here, surely I can't be the only one who 'ups the Irons'?

2. Jasonday2007 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

my band isn't exactly heavy metal, but has some beefy savage riffage all over it:

sleeping with satellites myspace

Last edited by a moderator: Tuesday 18th May, 2010
  3. Gunter Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

i think thats because alot of people like most types of music. i can't see there being many die hard metal fans here, but i do listen to mushroomhead/dragonforce/rammstein if they count

4. Sega Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Yes they count, Rammstien are due here in the Summer as are Maiden.

5. Stu. Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Dio's died? What? When? How? Fuck. He had an AWESOME voice!

More of a grunge/hard rock boy at heart, but I do love a meaty riff.

6. Sega Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Yes he is dead, passed away on the 16th from Stomach Cancer at the age of 67, looks like JB got his request in Tenacious D: pick of destiny

7. Stu. Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Such a loss, Dio was a legend. May he Rest In Peace.

8. valley.performance Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

I like some metal, Metallica are ok, Im a big killswitch engage fan as well, and 36 Crazy Fists.

Tons of others but yeah.......you would never know i listen to it from looking at me though.......comes form my bmx back ground. :Smile:

9. Sega Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

I used to be into MTB's, would ride pretty much anywhere was a bastard though having long hair as it used to blow in my eyes all the time, sadly my bike is now in a state and my hairs short :-(

I used to sticker up my Bike all the time and now I've started doing it to the car, some of my Favorites being the Iron Maiden and Monty python silly walk ones.

10. Sirk Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

11. Stu. Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

:O Ok? Metallica are a-mazing

But then I think Killswitch are ok, swings and roundabouts I suppose!

Tool can't be beaten when they're not being wierd though, and I'm quite liking Black Label Society at the moment as well. Actually, are BLS metal? :Tongue:

Last edited by a moderator: Wednesday 19th May, 2010
  12. Sega Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Having not heard them I don't know, I've seen Metallica live from the field behind Knebworth as we couldn't afford to get in.

I had to rush to get my Bumper on to get there and we made it just as their entrance music ended.

13. valley.performance Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Its Metallica's old stuff i like the best......legends fair play to them.

14. EkWEST Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

I listen to alot of "hardcore metal"; Whitechapele, Emmure, All shall perish, As I lay dying.

But I guess that all stems from Metallica & maiden, so its all good :Smile:

15. IncogHeelToe Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Hmm I used to listen to metal all day long, but as I've grown older i've sort've swapped to more mainstream music and drum n bass.

16. aji621 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Adam Colchester
    Spineshank are awesome.

or were, i havnt kept up to date so dunno if theyr still goin or w.e

To be honest i used to be a complete metal head, i loved it, but then i got more sociable with different crowd's who introduced me to different music now i just listen to everything, including beiber hah. So yeah. I saw Dragonforce 5 times though. fucked loved that band.

Last edited by a moderator: Tuesday 25th May, 2010
  17. Perry. Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Parkway drie FTMFW

18. NeilVtec Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

as I've said before i love all types of music, metal wise i used to love stuff like maiden & Metallica megadeth testament etc etc.... but tbh now i just find them a bit repetative & boring, no wierd time signatures or anything. Still good, i just don't find myself interested really :Messed: however I've recently listened to "annihilator" again after a long time & the album Nevernever land is ace!!

I prefer stuff thats musically insane haha like the dillenger escape plan, Then some good ole cheese like Killswitch haha then some random prog like Symphony X, Dream theatre, Between the buried and me, etc etc,

and then some hardcore like EKwest mentioned, bit of all shall persih / despised icon / architects / parkway drive etc etc etc once

and thats only metal, don't get me started on Other genres haha

MUSIC of allmost all types.... FTW

Last edited by a moderator: Tuesday 25th May, 2010
  19. Gary. Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Given the choice i'd choose Titanium over say....rot iron.

20. NeilVtec Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

titanium is hardly heavy..... :Tongue: