ICE & HFT iPod adapter

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by boyse7en, Monday 31st Dec, 2018.

1. boyse7en Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Colin Barnstaple
    My recently acquired 2005 Accord has got the official iPod adaptor system fitted but I can't seem to get it to work.

I plug my iPod Classic 80GB in and after a few seconds a Honda logo comes up on the iPod screen.
    Then a track starts playing (the first on in my music list) - I can see this on the iPod screen - but I get no music coming out of the speakers in the car. The CD skip buttons on the cars stereo move the track that is paying on the iPod to the next or previous track, and if I turn the car's stereo right up and press the control wheel on the iPod I can hear a "blop" noise through the speakers.
    So it is obviously connected and the cable is working, I just can't get any music out of it.
    I've checked that the volume output on the iPod itself is turned up to about 3/4

Anything I can try to get some tunes playing?

2. Nels Club Moderator Club Staff

Which head unit is fitted in your Accord?
    Pictures would help.

Also, do you know which i-pod interface unit is fitted?

3. boyse7en Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Colin Barnstaple
    Hi Nels. Thanks for coming back. I got it working in the end. It had to have an iTunes-generated playlist on the iPod before the Honda interface would play it.

Got to say the Honda/Ipod system is a bit pants. You can only play one of six playlists, can't select by track or artist or anything – you can only skip tracks – and you can't see the artist or song title on the Honda's screen so have no way of knowing what is playing.
    I might try swapping it for a cable with a 3.5mm headphone jack on it, then at least I can just play stuff from the iPod using its controls (where I can select track/artist/album/etc)