iPhone 3Gs or Blackberry Storm 2

Discussion in 'Lounge & Gossip' started by Chinglish Peasant, Wednesday 25th Nov, 2009.

1. Chinglish Peasant Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom George Lomdon
    I am at a loss of which phone is better, I am looking for a smart phone and I am looking for a good tariff deal, also when is the soonest on which network you can upgrade blah blah blah.

I can't be arsed with my current network anymore "3" which just takes the piss with multiple times over the last 5 years I was with them to bill me wrongly, then the lack of customer support when my INSURED C905 kept breaking down. So I've had enough fun and games, gonna go on a proper network and am after a good deal with either those 2 phones.

Can people only with experiance with those phones please reply as I am looking to purchase today, I can't be arsed with "I think they're shit because my mates one break all the time" I'd like full on personal views and opinions please!

Regards,

George

2. Chinglish Peasant Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

the phones:

Blackberry storm 2:

blackberry_storm_2.

iPhone 3Gs

[​IMG]

3. Tobiasnugent Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I had a blackberry storm 1 in my last job. I know its not the two. But is more or less the same thing and it was rubbish. So slow and little things were annoying like when you wrote a text or email you couldn't like click in the word to delte a bit out if you were using the qwerty keyboard. The touch interface on it is also very poor. And the apps are no were near as good as the iphone. This is my opinion

4. alex Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

HTC all the way.

5. a2k00 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

iphone 3GS anyday, Could not live without mine, I have had 30+ phones, Best one I've ever used

6. civicboy Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

^ someone knows what there talking about !!!

I work at phones 4 u and would personally recommend the iphone or htc hd2

Im not 100% sure on htc tariffs yet but if your going to get an iphone get it on orange

Pm me if you have any specific questions

7. alex Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

My HTC Magic is on Vodafone.

600 mins, unltd texts for

8. Chinglish Peasant Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Thanks Tobias, that was good information, thing is I don't like about the iPhone was the fact that you had to pay for almost ALL the apps, however I've been told there is a naughty little way to get around it.

Vtec_yo: HTC, Leo's got one and those things seem like battery life isn't a strong point. Other then that I don't think he had much problems, so does the new HTC phones ie: the Magic have a slide out keypad as well?

9. Tobiasnugent Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Yes you are able to jailbreak the iphone. But tbf the apps don't cost no more then like

10. BigJames Commercial Services Trader

The main question... what do you plan to use it most for?

Id also seriously consider the HTC range bud - for a smart phone, my HTC Touch Pro 2 cannot be beaten. HTCs are not new, they just used to sell their phones as things like the O2 XDA etc. They have just recently started pushing their own brand more

Take a look at the range here - http://www.htc.com/uk/

Id recommend looking at

Touch Pro 2

http://www.htc.com/uk/product/touchpro2/overview.html

Touch HD2

http://www.htc.com/uk/product/hd2/overview.html

The iPhone is good, but pricey tariffs and if you jailbreak it - there are virus's that are starting to appear which could be the start of a new trend (but might not)

As for networks, I am with Orange and have been for the passed 5 years. I couldn't be happier with them and they actually reward loyalty. I would actually pay a higher tariff to be with Orange, but it turns out due to me being a band 5 customer for 5 years they are MILES cheaper than any other network for me.

I was with O2 before and hated them, ended up taking them to court over incorrect billing.

I was with Vodafone before that and they were just useless with NO customer support that actually worked.

I would ask peoples opinions on each network locally to you as when I lived in Greenwhich I struggled for network coverage at one end of Greenwich (but this was a few years ago) and when I was on O2 I could only get signal if my phone was on the lounge windowsill. I think all networks have improved since but worth double checking.

11. a2k00 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I don't pay for any of my apps :Wink: Infact I've just uploaded the new TomTom Europe suit, Worth

12. northwestcivic Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

HTC touch 2 is coming out soon, the android market is the way forward! forget about the iPoo.

13. Tobiasnugent Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

o2 are a bad network. I have been with them on pay as go since i got my first phone. I moved to a contract phone. I rang up to see about getting an upgrade or if they could match an offer i had of orange.. I asked "So can you match the deal or offer me anything to keep me as a customer or i am going to orange" her respons "i can't do nothing, i can tell you how much it is to pay off your contrat" i was like jeeez good customer service that.

14. Chinglish Peasant Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

The main reason I'd like a smart phone is because I use alot of WiFi connectivity at work and with the ease of sometimes loosing data on a dongle I do a monthly backup of say a few .BAT files and store it on my phone so I have a extra back up copy as my work has bluetooth connectivity as well, it's just something that'll come in handy with me and instead of jumping on the computer half the time to get a website up for a number or whatever I might be doing, it would be nice just to be able to do it on the phone.

15. Tobiasnugent Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I would say the HTC is the phone for you then!

16. Perry. Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

the storm is so fragile! i had 3 of them and they all went wrong or the screen broke iv now gone for the blackburry bold wich is much better doesnt freeze or have a stupid touch screen lol

the bold also has wifi and its pretty good

17. chelt_scene Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

iphone storms are shit end of

18. BigJames Commercial Services Trader

Id look at Windows Phone powered mobiles (also know as windows mobile 6.5) over the iphone, as far as I know (havent used the 3GS though) the iPhone has quite a closed file manaement structure. Windows phone just has a regular file browser that works like windows explorer. I put a 2gb micro SD card in my touch pro 2 and do a lot of the same things, backing up files and transferring from my laptop to my PC etc.

Works PERFECTLY once you set up a windows mobile connection (previously activesync)

19. a2k00 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

never seen an iphone storm :Whistle:

20. Chinglish Peasant Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

sounds like the HTC is winning me over alot, I've just had a look at some of the tarriffs too, which is not bad at all, however the HTC Pro 2 isn't on the market anymore, just the HD. I like how nicely everyone slots into place considering you can charge it with any USB port. How does the app side of things work out, can a GPS based navigation system still be installed?