Introductions Introducing me and myn Euro-R

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by TenBallz, Wednesday 6th Feb, 2019.

1. TenBallz Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Ireland TenBallz Ireland
    Hi All,

Great forum I've been lurking for a while getting info as needed from some threads on CL7 Accords. I own a Jap import CL7 Euro R Accord. Its my first Honda and I've always wanted a Honda growing up so jumped at the chance of buying the Euro R as I wanted a Type-R with a bit of practicality and looks. Great car to drive and the V-Tec pulls like a train.

There is always room for improvements and I'm currently working on replacing the HID Ballasts as they've finally decided to retire. I've upgraded the fog light bulbs to yellow 4k bulbs. Recently upgraded the clutch to Stage 2 and lightweight flywheel. I've added the additonal 6th gear which is better on fuel and added a decat to the Mugen exhaust system for more rasp in the top end. I'd like to eventually upgrade the Intake, Throttle Head and Cams in the near future when I can afford to run the car after these upgrades! ha..

The car sat nav model is all in Japanese but I've managed to find one frequency for my FM Aux connection and eventually found out the audio dials for added base and treble. I must say the Premium Sound System has a decent thump out of it. Its annoying that I don't have a disk for the dvd drive to unlock the screen as I translated the text on the screen and its looking for a disk to read. In the future I'd like to get the stereo fully unlocked and get a aftermarket subwoofer in the boot. I also need to fix the Clock dial screen as it blinks but I seen a good thread on that repair.

Thats about it for now I'll add more info when I can and upgrade the car bio as the changes happen :Smile:
    FB_IMG_1549322434233.

Last edited by a moderator: Friday 22nd Feb, 2019
    Bones126 and Zebster like this.
  2. DrSam H-Tune's Counsel Club H-Tune

United Kingdom Sam Birmingham
  3. MattBeardless Manager in Training H-Tune Staff

United Kingdom Matt Derby
    Hi @TenBallz - has to be said, that's just made my decision between an N22 Civic or an N22 Accord for my daily a lot harder. Looks lovely.

4. Norms Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

5. SpeedyGee The Invincible Admin Club H-Tune

England Speedy Birmingham
  6. Hondalad Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

England Steve Derbyshire
    I really want a CL7, I really like the sleeper aspect. I'm glad you rate it too, always good to see positive reviews from actual owners. It looks really nice.

Do you reckon a UK dvd disc would work in your satnav dvd drive and change it to English? Or is it not as easy as that?

7. TenBallz Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Ireland TenBallz Ireland
    Thanks guys.

@Matt at H-Tune accord all the way. Not biased at all ha! Find it more practical with the size and power to move it. But like most of us its never fast enough.

@Hondalad Yeah it takes a lot of people by surprise when you sink the boot but if you know your Honda's, you know what to expect. Most people don't know it has the same engine as the DC5 Teg's. Doesn't need a whole pile of bodywork tweaking either to look nice. As for the radio issue I'm still looking into it. I have a blank disc that came with the car and the receipts mention it came from Icetronix in Dublin. Doesn't work but it may be user error. I'd like to try a english disc if I could get my hands on one but no joy so for. :/

Got the Ballasts replaced recently which made some difference to light performance. Recently seen a image of a STI V front lip on a Accord on Instagram Capture.PNG and I'm now on the hunt for one it looks the business. I've read STI's lips fit CL7 CL9 Accords which is good to know.

Last edited by a moderator: Friday 22nd Feb, 2019
  8. Hondalad Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

England Steve Derbyshire
    I have an English disc from, 06-'07 I think if you want it posting? It's no use to me anymore but it is from a 8th Generation Civic so I don't know if it will work in an Accord.

TenBallz likes this.
  9. MattBeardless Manager in Training H-Tune Staff

United Kingdom Matt Derby
    *whistles innocently*
    Snapchat-112090950.

Last edited by a moderator: Wednesday 27th Feb, 2019