Interesting - Looking to the future

Discussion in 'Politics & Philosophical' started by vincemince, Thursday 7th Feb, 2019.

1. vincemince Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

2. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom Ed Wiltshire
    Yes, a good read. Interesting to really think that we don't know what the future really holds - 20 years ago when DVD defeated VHS, who saw streaming coming?

I'm hoping for personal transport something like this...:Wink:

vincemince likes this.
  3. Sandy52 Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Sandy NORWICH
    Interesting article. SOme recent stories in the motoring press tell us that Hydrogen is probably the better way to go, and the costs are due to drop by about 50% in the near future.
    Sign me UP!

4. Nighthawk Club Manager Club Staff

Technology is moving forward so fast though - noone really knows whats coming next - Even Tomorrows World got some stuff wrong - they got Mobile phones, touchscreens and chip and pin technology spot on (My brother incidentally, was part of the team that created, tested and implemented chip and pin technology that we all use now - clever sod - he sits on top of quite a lot of money nowadays).

Personally, I think driverless cars are a long way off still - too many moral decisions to make with so many different options, its virtually impossible to program a machine to react to all situations, and then those with minor changes as well, correctly. Automated garden mowers still go wrong, and I still don't have a robot that can make me a cup of tea or take the dog for a walk yet (although admittedly, the market for that probably doesnt exist).

Its quite exciting looking towards the future and what they will introduce next. I do think the days of combustion engines ending will one day arrive, but not for a long time yet.