Intended use of your cars cigarette lighter

Discussion in 'Lounge & Gossip' started by Ashley, Thursday 26th Nov, 2009.

1. Ashley Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Cigarettes = Yes, Satnav and phones = No.

This is according to Redhill Honda.

A colleague of mine has broken the one in her Honda Jazz and the dealership said the fuse has probably gone because she has used it for her satnav.

Has anyone else ever heard this?

2. Bong Guest

Nope thats rubbish, whoever said that is typical of a Honda main dealer and doesnt understand how the socket works, in fact these days it is just that, a socket, as most manufacturers don't supply a cigaratte lighter anymore

3. Sandy. Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Sound like crap to me they have been making 12v air compressors to use in your car cigarette lighter for years, and i would have thought the company's making satnavs would have done some research into the effects tbh.

4. craigej6 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Bongs right, but it doesnt matter how it broke if its stil under warranty how it happened shouldnt be an issue

5. haggis Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

if the fuse is gone, its considered a consumable anyway so they wouldn't replace it under warranty

as BW mentioned, most new cars don't come with a cigarette lighter, just a 12v socket

6. newkid Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

its more common on newer cars than ppl think, both my mums corsas (year old and 4 year old) popped fuses a few times when used with sat navs and i know a few with similar problems on other new cars

7. 1964 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Lighting cigarettes when I forget my lighter?

8. Dan2020civic Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

The DC5 comes with a 12v "Socket" no cigarette lighter at all!!

9. Gunter Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

same as alot of commercial vans, "12v socket." Typical main dealer bullshit