Insomnia - How to pass the time?

Discussion in 'Lounge & Gossip' started by BigJames, Saturday 19th Dec, 2009.

1. BigJames Commercial Services Trader

I seem to suffer with annual Winter Insomnia, but being a bit of an anti-medication kind of person... I struggle to actually force myself to sleep! How do you waste time? Normally during November, December and some of January I tend to sleep maybe 1-2 hours a night, so have a ton of time to waste!

Any books worth reading?

2. ozz9955 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

The Mystery Man - Colin Bateman

Awesome book, loved it!

3. issie Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Try Dan Brown, The Da Vinchi Code, Angels and Demons ECT. Probably a good read. I tend to watch a load of stuff on IPlayer or Channel4.

4. Site Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

wank....

thought i would say it before someone else does....anyway i had insomnia through my the last year of gcse's and partly through 6th form...all i did to pass time was draw and doodle....and do silly amounts of painting.....it got me by....think thats the reason i managed to get an A in art...and get shit on everything else LOL

5. Bon Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Watch a whole season of Family Guy, or what ever you like....

6. Jor-don Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Family Guy FTW!

7. BigJames Commercial Services Trader

So far I have watched EVERY scrubs, family guy and american dad... so anything else along those lines would be a great help to recommend! I can only watch them in stints as it gets boring other wise

Also played a crap load of Forza on 360 as its about as active as my mind can handle when tired

8. ozz9955 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

The flight of the conchords series?

9. BigJames Commercial Services Trader

Sounds interesting actually - might have to order that, just hope I can get it before Xmas

10. Stu. Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

South Park. And the new Family Guy Star Wars is out if you weren't aware.

11. BigJames Commercial Services Trader

oh really? I didnt know that.. will have to dig that out

12. ozz9955 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

If you're into Simon Pegg type humour (think 'spaced') - you'll like it! Couldn't put it down, and I'm not much of a reader!

13. Stu. Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I didn't know either until someone told me, it's seemed to have slipped under the radar. It's pretty good, I think I prefer Blue Harvest though. Might watch them both back to back. Now there's an idea.

14. BigJames Commercial Services Trader

Sounds perfect - Im watching Spaced Season 1 now

15. Site Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

go buy some airfix models....or learn to picklocks or something :Tongue: or make bombs :Grin:

16. BigJames Commercial Services Trader

Any idea what its called?

17. Stu. Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Something, Something, Something, Darkside.

18. BigJames Commercial Services Trader

I have an AE86 to rebuild after my little cousin painted it with house paint :Messed:

19. Ryanlush Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

haha! shit i love family guy.

what about south park boxsets, or get every harry potter book that will prob take a fair while!

20. shawthing001 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I spent most late nights this week watching Peep Show. Now gonna start on the 13 seasons of South Park