induction kit for 1.5 lsi ??

Discussion in '5th Generation (1992-1995)' started by lsi-tel, Tuesday 29th Dec, 2009.

1. lsi-tel New Member Getting Started

Have done a seach and come back with nothing !! I've brought a 93 plate Civic its a lsi 1.5 SOHC I have been told its got 105 BHP ?? Just wanted to know if any body has fitted an induction kit to theres or can point me in the right direction of a good one ??

2. Jono Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I wouldn't bother

It won't give you anymore power and the money could be spent a lot better elsewhere

3. Jonnay Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

90bhp, unless its a coupe, theres no specific kit because they're frankly poverty spec engines :Frown: and have the airbox on the engine due to being multipoint injection.

4. Naj_Ej Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

i had one on my lsi hatch onetime and was pretty pointless.

5. eg4b16 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

i thought they were dualpoint (2 going into one) and the coupe (d15b7) was multipoint

6. lsi-tel New Member Getting Started

thanks for the info !!

7. Jonnay Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

sorry i muddled my words up, thats right hatches are a d15b2 with the plastic box on the engine, dual point injection, and coupes are the b7 with the little inlet manifold, you're quite right mate

8. willeg6smith Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

i had a top fuel carbon one on my lsi.like you lot were saying it was probably pointless but it looked awsome!

9. Smiley Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

any inductio kit wil make noise. looks are personal opinion and i prefer honda's box. no power will be gained fro one ion iether the coupe or hatch.

as jono said spend your money else where

10. JoeLSi Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

I've always sworn by uprated panel filters so i have a K&N in my LSi, makes it feel a bit more responsive but horsepower gain is debateable.

As smiley said, induction kits just make noise. The best setup for a true performance gain (however small) would be an uprated filter for the OEM airbox, to remove the resonator system as a put a cold air feed in.

Whether you'd want to bother doing all that to an LSi however is a different matter.