I'm not going to give you a lift!!!

Discussion in 'Steam Room' started by 1964, Wednesday 18th Nov, 2009.

1. 1964 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Jesus!! I'm 17 and started driving my EJ6 about two/three months ago and I'm not overly fussy about giving people lifts generally because I offer and those who would like one respond to the offer. On top of this I never ask for petrol money because, 9 times out of 10, the people with me are going the same place I am...hence why I'm driving plus they're my friends.

What's REALLY annoying me is that people I speak to well...basically, people i've drunkenly spoken to PRE-driving and then never again hounding me for lifts. Even if I'm going the complete opposite direction and am out for something important, they're still asking? Even with a blatant and rather loud 'FUCK OFF, I'M NOT GIVING YOU A LIFT!' they persist?! Christ, feel like just stabbing them. Bastards!!

2. Kadir Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

The way I see it if people can get to 'x' place, they surely can make their own way home.

3. MUGEN-RR Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

bud it was like that for me 2 1/2 years ago, as soon as i turned 17 and passed my driving i felt like a taxi driver, never asked for money towards petrol or out, it was the fun of driving i enjoyed. u'l realise u'l have more friends than ever i no it can get annoying sumtimes, fuck me

4. WIlkesyMB6 Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

People are just lazy and like to take advantage of your good nature!

5. dhdavectr Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

pissed me off when i first passed my test, everyone seems to find out that you have a car and think you automatically want to give them a lift for free.

6. daz-civic Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

if making your car lighter wasnt a good enough reason to strip your interior then surely that is

7. 1964 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Lol daz, that's the plan. I give my best mate a lift to college every day we're in and pick him up and go find other people when we're not but only because I've known him a long time and we speak to each other every day. But yeh, it's a fucking joke, I flat out refuse and some of them carry on asking when I'm inside the car!! I've had to actually ask someone in increasingly annoyed tones of voice to get out of my car after he decided I WAS going to give him a lift and got in. In the end I just got my wheel brace out and told him politely to get gone or I'd smash his face in. You'd think that'd warn people off!?!? but nope, they still ask?!!? Christ. I go by the whole 'If I wanted to give you a lift I'd ask' motto. once it starts warming up next year though, she'll be stripped. for now, I like the cabin warm XD

8. vtecivic123 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

hello, I was wondering how you get away with driving at 17? How to you pay for petrol/road tax etc. Just wondering because i might do the same xD

9. 1964 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Seriously? You know it's legal to drive at the age of 17 in England right? And I got a job, that solved most of my problems.

10. eca Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

argh i hate it because they make you sound as if your being a twat if you refuse.

lol

11. vtecivic123 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Your saying you have insurance for the car etc? You can start driving at 17 but you cannot own or insure a car until your 18

12. 1964 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

You can, under your parents name. Tat's what I'm doing and pretty much every one else my age is doing. Otherwise, there'd be no 17 year old drivers. So far no trouble. just don't drive like a cock as my mate did and get pulled three times in one night.

And if they think I'm being a twat, fuck em. Tbh, one less person who'll keep nagging me for a lift :Tongue:

13. pickles2010 Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

i used to have this but i told them to fuck off or pay petrol haha

14. 1964 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Well one kid offered me a tenner to give him a lift down the road which I turned down on the premise that I'd rather keep my car free from retards with gammy feet. Plus I'd just cleaned my interior.

15. haggis Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

mate are you fucking serious?

i've owned and insured motors since i was 17

infact, i owned my first car when i was 16...

16. 1964 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Lol same thing went through my head but he seems genuine enough and not informed enough about driving. Can't see how XD

17. Ryanlush Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

man it sucks if im out in my car on a friday or saturday night ill be coming back from wherever me and my lady friend have been ill stop to say hi to mates etc in town and the amount of pissheads who just walk in the round infront of me to make me stop so they can ask for a lift and i tell them sorry mate havnt got no back seats all i get back is " aww come on mate do us a lift". Its like what the fuck do you not understand! so they end up trying to give me abuse through my car window because i won't give them a lift i don't even no them!

18. Togger Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

thats why i got a convertable! haha! 2 seats = no lift giving!! haha

19. pickles2010 Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

strip ya car no seats no ppl!!!! just have a seat for misses or some1 ya doggin haha

20. 1964 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Meh, next car will be an MX-5 and the EJ6 will get track slagged while I wait to get old enough/enough money to insure a EK hatch of some sort. It's very tempting to get my uni fund out and just blow it all on another car or two if i stretch it :Tongue: