icey road help

Discussion in '6th Generation (1996-2000)' started by likekites, Tuesday 1st Dec, 2009.

1. likekites Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

so on my way to work i went down hill uphill then to the right, on said right hand bend i felt ICE through my front wheels but car didnt fuss untill my back wheels hit the ICE and slid into the curb

so I've changed the wheel for my spare and got it home, upon turning right now i hear a loud rubbing noise like wum wum wum wum

and i seem to be rocking some rather shite positive camber

any idea what I've bent/buckled and how much this will be to fix? i will be taking it to honda or another trusted garage as soon as i have the spare time, next day off is sunday which doesnt help at all

any input would be great as im shitting that its going to be an expensive fix

i need to know

what i could have bent/moved

why my wheel is now cambered(obviously where i hit it but whats causing it to stay as it is) this is only a few degress but is noticeable

the spare rotates fine on its axis but due to the camber the axis is wrong and shaking the wheel top to bottom there is a little play

please help

Perry

2. Stokes Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

You could of bent your wishbone dude.

3. likekites Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

any idea on cost mate?

4. dozzy Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

5. Ross. Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

6. haggis Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

wishbones aint all that expensive (well my polo one wasnt anyway, i done the same thing) thin i paid about

7. likekites Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

yeah on the back buddy, think I've defo bent something but can't see for looking :/

what could the noise be though? a broken rod end or ball joint or bush?

8. daz-civic Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

rear arm ,i done the same on mine

9. likekites Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

how much it cost to fix daz? cars still driveable just the wum wum noise, exact same situation daz?

10. DanF Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Jack it up take some photos to have a look whats bent.

Shouldnt be expensive if you can get the parts relitivly cheap form here.

11. haggis Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

new rear arm would be pennies....if it is that

or an excuse to go 5-lug and get teh 98spec ITRs on dat sheeeiit :lol:

12. likekites Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

owe my dad enough as it is so i'd rather just fix it but 5 lug would be tasty if i had no outstanding debts h22 :Smile:

nothing looks bent thats the thing

13. daz-civic Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

picked up a new 1 for

14. likekites Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

what kind of accident did you have mate.?

15. daz-civic Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

brown is a piece of wood or whatever for a straight edge and you measure red line

rest self explanitory ye?

reararm.

16. daz-civic Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

i went side ways but didnt correct cause then i knew i would have done exactly the same as you and gone sideways into a kerb so i took my chances and went straight on over an island, pretty sure i made the right choice cause had i tried to correct it i deffo would have hit the kerb sideway and done more damage

17. likekites Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

but you still did damage? picture kind of helps i guess haha

18. daz-civic Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

ye the drivers rear wheel was toeing out quite a bit but if i had gone and hit it side on at the speed i was doing the wheel would have almost certainly folded under the car

19. likekites Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

so it was quite a bit and it still only ended up being a cheap fix?

20. daz-civic Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

if you don't do the work yourself it all depends on labour price