Iced inside??

Discussion in '6th Generation (1996-2000)' started by Bernardini, Monday 30th Nov, 2009.

1. Bernardini Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Got in to my car this morning and after work and both times the inside of my windsreen was iced over :Frown: , is this a common problem or??? Thanks :Smile:

2. haggis Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

means you have a leak somewhere i'm afraid....

3. Bernardini Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

ahh i see great haha :Frown:

4. TDi North Commercial Services Trader

Hmm, I wouldn't just assume its a leak, there is always moisture in the air, which can freeze.......

5. Bernardini Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

hmm i see. Is there any places the leak could be comming from that is most common? Its an ek3 incase your wondering :Grin:

6. dozzy Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

My EK had a leaky passenger footwell, leaking through a small hairline split in the seam sealer right at the top of the firewall.. My windscreen formed ICE on the inside a couple of times too... Feel your carpets, see if they feel damp

7. haggis Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

my EJ6 used to ICE up inside

once i fixed the leaky back lights (common problem) and put the dehumidifier in it over the weekend it was perfect :Grin:

8. Andy Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Used to happen to my EJ9, once had water in the foot-well after I left the sunroof open overnight lol.

I'd check the pollen filter doesn't need sorting first, could be full of wet leaves etc causing moisture in the air :Smile:

9. Mattharvey12 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

my right rear light use to leak when it rains and it goes into the spare wheel bit. i really should stop it but don't know how

10. Bernardini Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Thanks :Grin: . Ill have a check tomorrow, just have to scrape away the ICE in the morning haha :Frown: .

11. HondaR84 Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

is it stripped out? mine only freeze inside when there stripped out, fine with the interior in

12. billy786_1988 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

When installing wiring kits for systems, people tend to remove rubber plugs from the firewall, you havnt done this have you?

13. Bernardini Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Nah its not stripped out or had any plugs out the firewall, thanks tho! Just changed the pollen filter now so will see if that makes any difference :Smile: .

14. Jasonday2007 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

My passenger footwell is bloody soaked too atm.

Only started happening this week and my windscreen is soaking but not frozen.

The windscreen isn't leaking, that's condensation, but i'm puzzled to how to footwell is soo wet!

Want to solve it before it starts to smell damp and effects any wiring.

15. JOEY336 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

My old coupe was like this, the pikeys who had it before drilled loads of holes in the foot well to try solve it lol