Guides I want this in the guide section

Discussion in 'Feedback, Help & Suggestions' started by Ichiban, Thursday 1st May, 2014.

1. Dom H-Tune ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

As the title suggest If you want information for a particular MTOC and its not listed on the guided section or any other specific section.

Please list your request in this manner

1)7th Generation I-CTDI service schedule. @Ichiban
    2)xxxxxx @Ichiban

Tag me with each request with @Ichiban so it get flagged in my alerts and I have visibility of it and then can rattle through requests.
    Thanks

Auto Ali, Bones126 and DeviateDefiant like this.
  2. Ichiban Retired The Domo Don

England CJ Leeds
    Come on guys surely there are guides not there , let get this moving :Hooray:

3. ArcticFire Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Scotland Graham Scotland
    1)7th Generation Accord 2.4 Petrol Supercharger install. @Ichiban :Devil:

DeviateDefiant likes this.
  4. SpeedyGee The Invincible Admin Club H-Tune

England Speedy Birmingham
    Ohhh ... I'd be happy to do that guide .. just chuck me a super charger I can use to put on my car :Grin:

5. Ichiban Retired The Domo Don

England CJ Leeds
    you buy the supercharge it will be done! R&D testing on my car first LOL

6. SpeedyGee The Invincible Admin Club H-Tune

7. Nels Community Staff Club H-Tune

United Kingdom JD Home
    If these minds were that great, they'd have found a way to get a supercharger ! :Whistle:

Doc likes this.
  8. SpeedyGee The Invincible Admin Club H-Tune

Tsssk !! ... where's "Don't like!" button :Baseballbat:

9. Nels Community Staff Club H-Tune

United Kingdom JD Home
    :Lipsrsealed: :Lipsrsealed: :Lipsrsealed: :Lipsrsealed: :Lipsrsealed:
    :Lipsrsealed: Oooops ! :Lipsrsealed:
    :Lipsrsealed: :Lipsrsealed: :Lipsrsealed: :Lipsrsealed: :Lipsrsealed:

10. Ichiban Retired The Domo Don

England CJ Leeds
    bumpy please list your request no mucking about please.

11. Garrydhu Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Ireland Billy Dor Carrigaline
    Looking for guide to use a good/karma recommended obd for my insighthybrid2010d

12. Ichiban Retired The Domo Don

England CJ Leeds
    Search for OBD reader fella and see what your budget can tolerate.

Garrydhu likes this.
  13. Garrydhu Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Will do,was hoping for info from someone who has used a specific obd,that they could recommend, as I don't fancy hopping down to Honda each time a light comes on

14. Ichiban Retired The Domo Don

England CJ Leeds
    Mate OBD reader have to be complainant to the EU ruling which states that code reading cannot be governed by bespoke manufacture solutions which means no bespoke hardware to read the ECU.

So on that basis your cheapo ebay code reader will read basic errors. However on a IMA car half of the subsystem are bespoke and these crappy reader will not even touch them and manufacturers can bend the rules to negate that ruling.

So what issues have you gone to dealer for ? that will give me an indication to which one to recommend.

15. Garrydhu Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hmma light came on,also through my own observance, noticed car force charging going uphill,googled etc,and info came back I probably need 3/4 software updates,don't know if obd would pick up these faults,and tnx for prompt reply
    - - - Updated - - -
    That could be hmmf,,,,few wks ago,turned out warning light reference automatic transmission oil

16. Ichiban Retired The Domo Don

England CJ Leeds
    Ok ECU software update are classed as "Product updates" That is when Honda have found an issue and they have amended the ECU software to stop that issue reoccurring. So no mater what Code reader you buy you cannot update that software to the ECU only Honda dealers can do that.

So what did the dealer do reading the ATF oil they won't have just cleared the error, Mate clearing error DOESNT mean issue gone.

17. Garrydhu Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

P.s. as all was in Japanese, if I had a obd I could have worked out what the warning meant,,this God for you tube,Google,and Honda insight central

18. Ichiban Retired The Domo Don

England CJ Leeds
    What was in Japanese?

19. Garrydhu Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Dealers mechanic was clueless,or lazy,had to insist what my motor needed as proper Honda tranny oil,and morning else,I waited until I saw what he ordered,and was at the garage next day to make sure he used the recommended oil etc,as I'd read if ordinary oil was used I'd be in trouble with my gearbox later on
    - - - Updated - - -
    Reference software updates,dealer will pay local Honda dealer to update,as car is under warranty, otherwise might cost me up to e150 plus for the time it takes Honda to update it
    - - - Updated - - -
    The reset instruction s etc ,when I tried to do a reset myself,onboard computer reset info reads in jap

20. Ichiban Retired The Domo Don

England CJ Leeds
    Right I am going to be direct so don't take offence here,

If you knew what your car needed then why did it need a software update , you need to describe what the car issue were and symptoms. Yes Honda transmission need Honda specific oil for trouble free operation is you use other oils then you can experience issues. Did you use other oils? I take it after the change the oil this issue has disappeared?

Where you there ? All Honda dealers use software and hardware in English I doubt these lazy , clueless technician you say would know Japanese , if they did they will be highly paid. :Wink: and very intelligent.