General How to switch SatNav off

Discussion in '9th Generation (2012-2017)' started by CaptainChaos, Friday 7th Sep, 2018.

1. CaptainChaos Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi people,
    I've got a 2013 1.6 D-tec EX with leather stuff & SatNav etc.
    If I switch the SatNav on to get somewhere, get there & then go somewhere else, is there any way I can switch the screen off (still listening to CDs/radio) without turning the engine off totally & ignoring the startup message thing?
    It's just that most of the time, I don't need the SatNav on, so having the screen telling me exactly where I know I am is a bit redundant!
    Cheers
    Ian

2. Chrispike Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Not sure about the newer ones, but with my 2006 Civic, I can blank the screen using the brightness control. I think pressing it cycles through day mode, night mode and off.

Ichiban likes this.
  3. Ichiban Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

England CJ Leeds
    Power button the my Jazz turn the Sat nav off and the 7th Generation like @Chrispike has suggested the nigth\day mode button was used on the early sat navs to turn off.

andy83 likes this.
  4. CaptainChaos Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Thanks guys - I'll try all of the above & see what happens!

5. ampers Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi,
    Did you ever find if it can be done?

6. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    @Beefy did you have a Civic Tourer for a while? If so do you know how to switch off the Sat Nav?

7. Beefy Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom Stoke
    Mine wasn’t the posh Nav model, just standard connect unit. Is this stopping guidance? Changing the app to the audio screen then turning audio off will get rid of the sat nav. Or is it turning the unit off whilst driving so it’s totaly blank? It should be in the customer handbook somewhere