General Honda Today info needed.

Discussion in 'Lounge & Gossip' started by TodayHondaToday, Wednesday 12th Jun, 2019 at 3:48pm.

1. TodayHondaToday New Member Getting Started

England dave London
    Just bought a non runner, fuel filter issues the lady told me but i think fuel pump, Where can i get one? Any other info on these little cars please?

I think Gen 1 Face lift model, 550cc auto from 89, imported 99.

Dave

2. HondaHeritage Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

slim london
    hello
    i must admit i,d never heard of these until your posting !!!
    very unusual in the uk as an import and i would imagine near impossible in the uk for parts !!
    550cc water cooled twin cylinder ? possibly a similar engine to the acty van? came as a booted or hatch back model ?
    you will find that the fuel pump can be bought on ebay shipped from japan
    please post up some pictures ,and welcome to HT
    regards
    alan

3. TodayHondaToday New Member Getting Started

England dave London
    Neither had i but love anything Quirky. It is a 3 cylinder 12 valve 550cc proper automatic, gearbox is bigger than the engine by the look of it. Only been in the yard a couple of hours and someone driving me mad to sell it. Tiny bit of rust on the end of 1 sill that i doubt would affect MOT, a few battle scars from a lady London driver but perfect underside.
    I cannot wait to get it running and hopefully it will be today if rain stops and i can by pass the pump with another. oil and coolant is spotless so obviously been well serviced.
    Will get some pics later.

HondaHeritage likes this.
  4. HondaHeritage Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

slim london
    it will be interesting to see , its a little like my honda CRYSTAL PALACE 2019 050.JPG Jazz

5. TodayHondaToday New Member Getting Started

England dave London
    That is similar, Is this the City with the bike that goes with it?
    No sun roof on mine but it does have aircon, Rectangle headlights But otherwise similar.

6. HondaHeritage Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

slim london
    yes the city renamed the Jazz for the uk market ,unfortunately havent got the motocompo to go in the back .....yet !!

7. jd1959 Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Ireland Zack Kilkenny
    @TodayHondaToday
    Hi Dave cool car.

I had a look at https://jp-carparts.com at a 3D Today Jw2 frame E05A engine (might not be yours but for example purposes) the fuel pump 16700-PH9-033 is available in Japan https://www.amayama.com for 88 GBP plus post. So (some) parts are out there.

Jp parts has most of the drawings and part numbers and I've used Amayama many times now with great success for JDM parts. Other than that once you have a part number google and translate are your friend. There are several proxy buying sites that will purchase from the likes of Japanese auction sites like yahoo.jp and rakuten and post to you (for a fee).

Hope it helps you source what you need! Keep up with photos and updates.

Zack

8. TodayHondaToday New Member Getting Started

England dave London
    There is one of those bikes on ebay, for 3.5k when i was searching through for bits. no car with it.

Thanks for the info, Drained and dropped the tank yesterday then the rain came again and the car port has 7 others in it. I really must get rid of a few more.
    The mad as a bucket of Frogs Polish woman who had this car suggested it is the only one imported to the UK. Cannot see that but the few i found for sale in Japan were 4k plus, add shipping and registration, taxes etc i can see why they are not being imported. A lot of money for an 80,s little car.

Will get some pictures today even though it is on axle stands.
    - - - Updated - - -
    My mate goes to Japan buying parts often, he is jap mad and builds lunatic things usually with Skyline turbo power. The one he is doing now is a 240z with the usual Skyline loony Horse power. He bought 3 of them for 9k, Uk 240z, UK 260z 2 seat , import 240z LHD already converted to RHD. With my advice and me selling the other 2 it is the Import getting the conversion, I sold the other 2 for 22.5k to fund the build.