ICE & HFT Honda Garmin Sat Nav Update

Discussion in '10th Generation (2016)' started by tomwillie, Wednesday 26th Sep, 2018.

1. tomwillie Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

England Tom Royston
    Just updated navigation system on my Civic: Garmin Express reports Software Version 3.01 & Map Europe 2018.0.

When doing the update I sat in the car with ignition set to Accessory Mode so no need to have engine running but important not to start engine until maps have updated. Having loaded the updated maps onto my 16GB Kingston Memory Stick the update took barely 15 minutes.

Tip: I had not erased date on memory stick from last update but nevertheless Garmin Express loaded what I thought were latest maps. Then after having done the update a message appeared that maps were one year out of date & to go to Honda Garmin web site & purchase latest maps!

So I erased all data on the memory stick> plugged into car>Navigation>Settings>Update Map; this writes a folder named Garmin onto the memory stick that contains a small file. Then plugged memory stick back into pc, open Garmin Express & latest maps I hope have now been written to the memory stick. At least after redoing the update it was reported as successful.

I have also updated lifetime maps on mu Garmin Nuvi 760T for which Garmin Express Reports Software Version 5.40 & Maps as Full Coverage Europe 2019.10. On long journeys I use the speed camera location warnings loaded on the Nuvi 760T. I have read somewhere that speed camera locations are on the Honda Garmin system have never received any warnings unless it is an add on available from somewhere. The speed camera locations on the Nuvi are regularly updated & easy to get via my pc.

2. TJT1 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

There are no speed cams on the 10G Honda Garmin navi by default although you can add them by putting a .gpi file into the {USB Stick}\Garmin\Poi folder.
    Loads of info on this on civinfo.com.

tomwillie and andy83 like this.
  3. andy83 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom andy shropshire
    good info mate...

4. tomwillie Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

England Tom Royston
    Installed latest maps now Full Coverage of Europe 2019.0.

After this installation was reported as OK Garmin Express is still reporting an update for Europe 2017.0 i.e. the cars year of manufacture. So, memory stick has been blanked & then plugged into car again to write map detail then back into pc, but still Garmin Express reports one map is update required, namely Europe 2017.0, with option to install on the memory stick. However, It does also report that "Up to date Maps" are Full Coverage of Europe 2019.0

Garmin are closed for the holiday period so I will contact them on Wednesday to find out about maps Europe 2017.0 business.

No problems with my wife's 4th Generation CR-V, However, note that after an installation has been installed OK it is important to blank the memory stick ready for next update.

5. tomwillie Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

England Tom Royston
    Contacted Garmin Support re Garmin Express reporting upgrade to Europe 2017.0 being required. They suggested trying to write this upgrade to memory stick & when this was attempted an error was reported. Garmin Support thus suggested contacting dealer to see if a reset could be done on car to prevent false update required to Europe 2017.0 being written to memory stick. Service manager has advised they could try & do this. However, if its just a repeat of the upgrade installation I did I will not bother as latest maps Full Europe 2019.0 are loaded & navigation system is working OK.

Service managed advised Garmin System on wife's 4th Generation 15MY facelifted 18 reg CR-V is different to that on 10th Generation Civic. I have noticed that on Garmin Express it reports for CR-V the software version & that software is up to date but no mention of this under the Civic. The Civic software version is given on Car Navigation under Navigation>Settings>Device>About but no mention as to whether it's up to date.

6. Mike c Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Mike Telford
    I recently had my sat nav update done by my local dealer and all seemed to be ok. On Saturday this week I connected my IPhone XR to play some music and it wouldn’t connect. I tried going into the settings to check and reconnected the phone but it kept saying connect the usb cable into the usb socket. After several attempts it was obvious that the usb socket wasn’t accepting the cable.
    I contacted them he dealership and they are going to look ok at it today. They think the system may require a reset.