Honda European Meet #3 (france) - 18th to 19th of August, 2012

Discussion in 'Club In Attendance' started by SimonF, Sunday 4th Mar, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SimonF Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Hello!

Right, i've been meaning to get this up for ages, so i'm throwing up a BASIC thread to get interest and get a single place to discuss ideas and plans.

HEM is a meet on it's 3rd year, and is looking to be bigger and better then last year. From other threads, we may have around 10 cars plus? It's held in France, 2 hours from Paris, and around 3 hours from the tunnel. Clastres track, 02440, googles it!

There is camping on site, with showers and food both days, i however may be staying in a nearby hotel as i'm visiting my mum in Germany after, so don't really want to be dragging around a tent for the journey as space is already limited in an EG, but that may change, but i will be deciding ASAP to get booked up.

My current travel plans are as follows;

Catch the 3am TRAIN to France, but this MAY change depending on price/whos going where.

If you are staying for just the 2 days, you have to travel on a different time slot, but no reason why we can't all meet at a service station near, or at Calais for everyone to convoy over in France?

I highly suggest walkie talkies, will give details sooner.

Basically, i'll update this thread officially over the coming week with details, but get discussing whos coming what train/boat you thinking of getting - i suggest train for low cars and simple ease of use, the boat's on/off ramp is INSANE. I may try the ferry though to be with everyone if that's what everyone decides.

So yeah, list of usernames. Please only add yourself if you are SERIOUS about this. Don't want to waste my time sorting out PM's and trying to coordinate people if they mince out. I'm 110% going, holiday is booked and just building up Tesco clubcard points to get me some discount on the train.

Currently booked:

Outbound:

SimonF. 18th August. Eurotunnel. 3.35am departure from Folkstone. 5.10am arrival at Calais.

Inbound

SimonF. 24th August.

Last edited by a moderator: Monday 18th Jun, 2012
  2. Sam. Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Me, Stu. and JDMLJ are 100% confirmed.

3. JDM'd Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Very interested in this. However if i go I will be getting ferry across from Plymouth to Roscoff so may not be worth booking with you lot.

4. RapeyMcRaperton Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

im 100% up for it as long as i can sort out passport and MOT. if not, ill get another car and come in that lol. so yeah, im game. would be amazing experience.

5. Civic92 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

CL have an official attendance? I have no excuses now do I. I was planning on going last year but didn't get round to it. Guess I'll have to pull my finger out and get saving.

6. davidb16 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Would love to go to this if I can sort out my passport.

7. nathgun Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

im 100% game! and i got 3 others that are possable il update to let you no soon :Smile:

8. ~Sherlock~ Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

I'm very interested and will be up for this since I will hopefully be getting another Honda come mid-April

9. BenSpoon Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Awesome Meet !! i know the Organisator staff, and i'm directly in contact with them, I think this year it's gonna bereally good !!

that's will be during my holidays so if anyone was to organize a convoy, i could easily help you guys, there a massive Convoy start from Lille (near Calais )

Also eurotunnel is better for lower cars :Wink:

Forget to say Eurotunnel is about £40 for a weekend trip :Wink:

10. JDMTom Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Any photos of previous european events?

Sounds good but would like to get more of an idea?

11. BenSpoon Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Last edited by a moderator: Sunday 4th Mar, 2012
  12. civicscott Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

This will be fully awesome, gonna see if I can get the EK more doors looking respctable before I confirm. Is there a deadline to confirm by?

13. SimonF Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Nah man, if you miss booking for a space for the crossing, only you that'll be missing out. I'm not booking anything, just a go-to guy to try and sort convoys and get us all parked in same area.

14. RapeyMcRaperton Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

we need some Civic life sluts to wash our cars over there.

maybe not wash mine, but i want some filth on my bonnet! the pictures of previous events looks great. definately something to look forward to.

15. alex Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Maybe then you'll actually have a reason to lick it.

16. BenSpoon Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Sounds Good Guys, if you can start a list of members 100%

I will the guy who will welcome you guys at Calais or Lille ( yes i'm French sorry we can't be perfect lol, and already in Holidays) and we gonna join a big convoy from there to the HEM 3 :Smile:

17. jdogdotcom Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

i wanted to go but I've never driven across the border before and i don know how to.....help!!!

18. Smiley Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

What you gotta do is drive down the edge of the border looking cool. Then when no one is looking. Swerve and shoot across the fucker and you clear an free into Mexico!!

But seriously, just present your passport and tickets at tunnel or ferry port and get on. They may search your car or may not. It's nowt special.

It's when your in france it gets interesting. Light deflectors, bulb kits, yellow jackets fire extinguishers blah blah blah. Europeans have some daft rules that need to be followed when driving about!

If I have a Honda I wanna come. Used to love my jaunts to France fro shows. Would be good to do one again.

Last edited by a moderator: Tuesday 6th Mar, 2012
  19. tjjammo Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

I deffo be going!! just too give evryone a heads up, law in france is changing in july, you now need a breatherlyser kit a 0.005 one in the car at all times.

20. SimonF Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Really?! You got anything to back this up?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.