General Honda Diagnostics & Troubleshooting for Club Members

Discussion in 'Lounge & Gossip' started by Ichiban, Sunday 22nd Jan, 2012.

1. Ichiban Retired ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

England CJ Leeds

Colin search for Online Manual RU in google.

2. Ichiban Retired ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

England CJ Leeds
    Warning to any AOC members or Honda owners who is being offered HDS diagnostics

Lately there have been a few cowboys who have purchased HDS cloned system from china and many more are in the process of buying them and claim to offer an alternative to the main dealers. They are now being promoted as the cheaper alternative to the main dealers and being touted as the same diagnostics machine as the dealer use on facebook and other Honda forums.

Please note these HDS clones are tied to a specific software version and cannot be udated to receive the latest values or features.

Honda releases new HDS software on a monthly basis which included new ECM ECU updates and the software revisions enable the software to make the correct adjustments as prescribed by the manufacturer.
    These clones cannot give you the same performance as they are just not good enough as they are stuck with down level software and revisions. If you are being offered such services please walk away to the nearest dealer you are wasting your money and your time with such outfits.

A cloned HIM using a Cloned HDS software
    391751_393432584061048_1041795192_n.

481104_442839909120315_683348810_n.

SpeedyGee likes this.
  3. korky Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Very impressive peace of kit , cj , almost a shame my accord runs perfect !

4. Ichiban Retired ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

England CJ Leeds
    After the meet at HH i think AOC will be purchasing the MVCI in the coming months to offer assistance to our members it clear the benefits of the device makes diagnosing and fixing the latest cars OBD 3 cars an easy task.

All New honda will only speak to the MVCI and with a lot of CR-V owners joining us we need to be able to offer assistance.

5. Rakoribs Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

<post moved here as it seems a better match: http://h-tune.co.uk/club/posts/24462/>

Last edited by a moderator: Sunday 23rd Feb, 2014
  6. eviltony Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

hi im a bit far in clacton on sea was wondering if any recommendations on a cheap 1 off ebay i don't wanna update i jus wanna find ts wrong with my honda accord executive 2002 i seen kits on ebay and wouyld be handy for me as my has an accord and i don't know wat 1to get for my car soi i can diagnose my car and either get rid of engine light and sort out problems as only came #on after changing exhaust

7. Ichiban Retired ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

England CJ Leeds
    Bump for members to make informed decisions.

8. ajshep New Member Getting Started

loss of power 91accord

Hello I'm new here so hello. I have a 91accord EX been having some trouble with it was hoping mayb I could get some help here. Car has been running bad usually after it has warmed up. When cold it runs just fine sometimes but sometimes not so good. After warming up is when the trouble starts. It will accelerate poorly and often I can't get the rpms up to 3500 sometimes it won't get up past 2500rpms. It don't stall or anything but looses almost all power. When it starts doing this it makes a sound like its sucking or blowing air best way for me to describe the sound is it sounds kinda like a leaky air hose not a big leak just kinda a small hissing or maybe sounds like the turbos on a deisl engine. The sound is most noticeable when the rpms start getting around 2500-3000 and the enginge starts loosing power. Its got 5speed manual tranny if I put in neutral it will wind up and rpms go up like they should and sounds normal and seems to run fine till put back in gear. The check engine light and charge light have blinked randomly since I bought the car little over year ago. I was gonna try and figure out the codes when I started having the problem.was told to unplug battery to clear them then check codes when they start flashing agin its been 2 weeks and engine lights havnt blinked since. Also I tried replacing fuel filter and PCV but that made no difference. Hoping that someone can help me here or get me pointed in the right derection. Any help would be much appreciated

9. jay0001 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

jay
    Great forum.... couldn't ask for more. Hopefully I won't need it.... lol.

Ichiban likes this.
  10. Garrydhu Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Ireland Billy Dor Carrigaline
    Ref offer,wish I have as near Leeds,,, have a Honda insight hybrid, could u tell me what one device would suit my motor,,2010,jap import, to clear faults,work out what they mean etc,in the future,, on a similar note,,,, does it have to be a Honda dealership only,that updates software? Expensive here,,,, and labour costs per hour varies wildly in Ireland,,,, thank you
    - - - Updated - - -
    Meant to ask,what obd device will be suitable for my Motor,,, sorry fingers too fat for keyboard

11. Ichiban Retired ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

England CJ Leeds
    Respond in this thread to this I posted mate Guides - I want this in the guide section

12. Garrydhu Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Good work,man with a heart,wish you were living near me,I'd definitely take you up on that offer,well done

13. Ichiban Retired ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

England CJ Leeds
    If you are in this part of the world in your adventures nip by for a coffee.

andy83 and Garrydhu like this.
  14. Garrydhu Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Will do,never know,many thanks.

Ichiban likes this.