CR-V/4th Gen Honda CR-X VT Build UP!

Discussion in 'Project & Modification Logs' started by Ade T, Tuesday 1st Dec, 2009.

1. Ade T Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

How the car looked when i got it, Headgasket was blown so a new engine is going in:

DSC_0002.

And how it looked cleaned up when previous owner 'paulk' owned it:

DSC_0152.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I'll add some more pictures as i progress with the build 8)

Made some progress on the CR-X today, whipped the old engine out and started to strip the front end so it can all be undersealed.

Also started to build up the new engine i was half way through doing the cambelt until i snapped a bolt for the water pump.. gutted! Thats put that on hold until i can rectify it.

Just need a dry day now so i can give it a good undersealed and might have a go at a wiretuck.

Pics:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Stripped ready to be undersealed:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Ade T Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

A few pictures doing the undersealing didnt really get many as its such a messy job.

The engine built up now replaced the timing belt, tensioner, spark plugs, thermostat, the distributor appears to of been replaced recently so there was no need to replace the cap and rotor arm. Same goes for the HT leads. Swapped the gearbox and clutch over from the old engine. Cleaned out the inlet manifold TB, VTEC solenoid and FITV, Im just waiting on the hondata inlet manifold gasket then the inlet manifold can go on. I just need to adjust the valve clearances make sure there all to spec.

Also put a new fuel filter on and CV boot as one was split, bought and fitted rear boot plastics, boot carpet and roof gutters its just getting all the little jobs done really.

So next is inlet manifold on and then engine in :Smile:

3. ek-greeny Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

love it mate!

hope its half as nice as the EG was!

4. Ade T Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Some more pictures built up:

5. Jono Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Looking good so far mate

Ill be keeping an eye on this one

6. Arvid Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Looks nice and clean! If You want to keep the engine clean I would recommend You to replace the VTEC s. valve gasket! And the o-ring at the oil breather chamber attached to the engine block. Those two gaskets are always leaking when re-assmebled with old ones. The best is to use a small ammount of liquid grease. Good luck with the new engine!

7. Ade T Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Well the CR-X is on the road now :Grin:

Took it for its MOT and it failed on excessive play in the upper ball joint and sticky caliper. So i replaced the upper suspension arm and the sticky caliper was an excuse to fit my new brakes. Decided on new and rear ITR calipers new and back running 282mm up front and 260mm. The car already had braided hoses so the car stops very very well now and with a great pedal feel.

Cars going into the bodyshop next week to have the N/S wing sprayed to finish off. Some pictures after a wash (surprised how well its come up, i still need to clay bar, scratch x, polish and wax yet)

CRW_7677_RJ.

CRW_7679_RJ.

CRW_7680_RJ.

CRW_7675_RJ.

CRW_7673_RJ.

CRW_7669_RJ.

CRW_7662_RJ.

Interior after a clean:

CRW_7665_RJ.

8. TiCo_87 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

That is one nice clean CR-X. Always had a soft spot for these :Grin: Keep up the good work.