Service & Maintenance Honda CR-V 2008 front shock absorber rubber boots / protectors - HELP NEEDED!

Discussion in '3rd Generation (2006-2012)' started by GG87, Saturday 13th Jul, 2019.

1. GG87 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi all, both of my front shock absorbers need new rubber boots / protectors. Are these big black rubber protectors universal fit to protect the shock absorbers? Please see attached pictures. Me and my mechanic cut out what we could of the rubber as they are both perished and split badly. I cannot determine what make my shock absorbers are so any help identifying them would be great. Also any helpers on where to purchase the rubber from would be great? Thanks.

Attached Files:

2. leonard Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

leonard london
    This was a common failure on this model. It is a big job to replace, means complete shocks and springs has to come out.
    You can order them from main dealers but I wouldn't bother replacing them until new shocks required.
    Good luck.

3. Wizard Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Andy Surrey
    I second this option.

4. billycrv Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

hi I have changed the complete front are rear suspension on my CR-V, including the drop links - bought all my parts from buycarparts.co.uk they usually come from Germany but I didn't mind the wait. easy enough job to do to be honest - to remove the complete strut its just 3 bolts at the top, two at the bottom - drop link and remove any additional parts like headlight sensor and brake line brackets. say about a hour a corner including dismantling old one and build and refit new one- makes a difference.