Official Honda HONDA CONFIRM SIDE CAMERA MIRROR SYSTEM AS STANDARD FOR HONDA E

Discussion in 'News Feeds' started by Honda UK News, Tuesday 28th May, 2019.

1. Honda UK News Auto-Generated News Feed

Honda has confirmed that the Side Camera Mirror System seen on the prototype version of the new Honda e urban electric vehicle will be standard when the car enters production.
    Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator: Tuesday 28th May, 2019
  2. RogerH69 Premium Member Club Supporter

South Africa Roger Oxford, UK
    Cool.... more electronics to fail :Smile:

Matt at H-Tune likes this.
  3. 155695 Premium Member Club Supporter

England Keith Essex
    Initially I had the same thought as Roger, however it's like all the new tech that's installed in cars, in the end it becomes just like it was always there and we'll all wonder how we got on without it!

Keith

4. Matt at H-Tune Service Team H-Tune Staff

I'm genuinely not sure how well this'll go...most of the time, especially on narrow country lanes or city centers, wingmirrors become buffer zones for collisions...

I wonder how many of these Honda E's will end up with major sideswipe damage from the owner's going "I'll just go for that gap, I've not got mirrors anyway"...sure they're cheap to replace too!

RogerH69 likes this.
  5. RogerH69 Premium Member Club Supporter

South Africa Roger Oxford, UK
    Very true, but more expensive auto electrician bills when previously 'simple' things stop working. Many things on the car I'm happy to fiddle with and repair myself, but when it comes to the electronics of the car, I tend to stay well away. I really think this is slowly marking the end of the amateur home mechanic, especially when there's more and more need for more and more expensive electronic diagnostic equipment required.

What would be REALLY cool is if the on board computer had the diagnostic equipment on board, so when something went wrong the computer told you exatly what was at fault, instead of just showing up an error light and code. After all, it KNOWS there's a fault and where it is, so why not just tell the driver....

155695 likes this.