Engine & Gearbox Honda Civic manual 1.5 Turbo Prestige after 3k miles

Discussion in '10th Generation (2016)' started by tomwillie, Thursday 30th Nov, 2017.

1. tomwillie Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

England Tom Royston
    Separate thread details having the wheel alignment front & back sorted out.

Fuel consumption is calculated 45mpg in mixed local driving. On 200 + miles round trip driving at speed limits +, mainly on Motorways, 46 MPG was achieved. According to various reports fuel consumption is every bit as good as 1.0 Turbo version.
    Performance is just as good as 8th Generation Accord 2.4 EXi manual. This achieved an average fuel consumption of 33mpg.

Seat are comfortable but I found those in Civic Type-R GT FK2 more so. A little more thigh support at front would be beneficial. Honda should have provided electrically adjustable front seats in top model so seat squabs may be tilted. In USA/Canada Touring models electrically adjustable front seats are provided but without memory!! Honda needs to gets its act together on this as all Civics for all markets are made in Swindon.

Ride is comfortable & was so even before I lowered tyre pressures from posted 32psi down to 30 psi. The posted tyre pressure are for a fully loaded car driven at high speed so are too high for regular use.

Useful way for determining advisable tyre pressures is to measure them when cold in ambient shade conditions, drive for at least 5 miles in regular loaded condition then re-measure tyre pressure. If increase is 3psi then tyre pressures about right, if less than 3psi then too high, if more than 3psi then too low. I did this with my car after a 12 mile journey & found fronts spot on with 3psi increase, rear increase was 2psi so could lower a bit but have not bothered. This advice is from Australia where due to extremes of temperature it is important to set tyre pressure to suit the temperature conditions a car will be used in.

Except for wheel alignment problem, that only became apparent through having rear cam adjusters greased, the car has so far been faultless.

Racy Jace likes this.
  2. A bb New Member Getting Started

United Kingdom Abb Hitchin
    Hi. I also have a Prestige which is just a week old so still finding out how it all works. One thing I have noticed is the seat belts - at the rear there is no where to store the plug in bit unless they are magnetic??
    At the front the passenger side belt at the plug in end has a plastic surround that returns to the park position and stays there and is in the right position when needed. This feature IS NOT present on the drivers side so the plug in bit can be any where.
    What is yours like, do I have parts missing??

3. tomwillie Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

England Tom Royston
    I do not understand what you are describing, I have found no trouble with the seat belt operation they just retract back to mounting location as normal & that's it?

4. tomwillie Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

England Tom Royston
    I have had a look at my seat belts and for front ones there is a plastic button on webbing of both belts to hold clip at about shoulder height when not in use so they are easy to grab when needed. No plastic buttons on rear seat belt webbing, the clips rest on seat squab when not in use.

5. gasman Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom gasman Warrington
    I am surprised why the UK prestige version of the hatch does not have electrically adjustable seats, whereas the US sports touring version of the hatch produced in the same Swindon factory has. I am tall and the lack of under thigh support had swayed me away from buying this car . The UK version also does not have the subwoofer in the hatch's boot, whereas the US hatch does. For the prestige owners, how does your 11 speaker system sound though?

6. tomwillie Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

England Tom Royston
    The sound system is OK but these days I usually only have it on when transporting grandchildren around. Sound quality is very personal thing so best to have an extended loan of any car & try before buying.
    At least in Canada an owner reported his Civic Sport Touring has electric drivers seat adjustment but without memory which he was critical of; this is a daft omission from electric seat adjustment.

Regarding seat adjustment, I am 5ft 7in tall & found I could have drivers seat at highest level to suit my wife who is 5ft 2in tall & still easily get in and out without hitting my head on door frame. However, I found a lack of under thigh support with that setting but by lowering seat six pushes the seat tilts & sufficient under thigh support is then obtained.

At nearly 6k miles, using Esso Supreme & driving gently I am achieving calculated 49mpg with local 26 miles round trips. Fuel consumption read out is about 2mpg more. Car is also quick, Autocar with 200kg of testers on board found acceleration time 0-62mph 0.5 sec quicker that specified, so circa 7.7 sec. In US a tester obtained a 0-60mph time of 6.5 sec.

Had rear camber adjusters greased & four wheel alignment done at 1600 miles when it was noted that one of the front wheel cambers was slightly out of spec. So under warranty this was corrected & another four wheel alignment done. Now at 6k miles both front & rear tyres have worn down evenly to 6mm tread depth so will all be down to 3mm at about 24k miles. My wife's 4th Generation CR-V more or less wears down front & rear tyres at same rate & original tyres have 4mm tread depth at 36k miles.

gasman likes this.
  7. gasman Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom gasman Warrington
    Thanks very much