Guides Honda Accord 2003-2008 Upper Control Arm Replacement

Chassis codes: CL7-CL9, CM1–6, CN1 and CN2

1. Accord_N22 Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Accord_N22 submitted a new guide:

Honda Accord 2003-2008 Upper Control Arm Replacement - Chassis codes: CL7 - CL9, CM1 – 6, CN1 and CN2

Check the full guide here.

Zebster and Ichiban like this.
  2. Ichiban Retired ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

England CJ Leeds
    Nicely done mate.:Yahoo:

3. Nels Club Moderator Club Staff

Smashing job @Accord_N22 :GoodJob:

I have altered one of your pictures though, as you had your VIN number showing - I just blanked out some of the numbers.
    Better safe that sorry.

Ichiban likes this.
  4. Accord_N22 Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Thanks guys.

Oooh crikey, didn't even realise.
    Thanks nels, very much appreciated :Smile:

5. Nels Club Moderator Club Staff

My pleasure. :Hey:

6. Accord_N22 Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

I have managed to restore the Images on my DIY thread (25-11-17)
    Enjoy :Smile:

MattBeardless, Nels and andy83 like this.
  7. TedH77 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Ethiopia tedh7 Vilnius
    Hello, after doing this work do you need to do wheel alignment?

8. MattBeardless Service Team H-Tune Staff

United Kingdom Matt Derby
    Realistically, it's recommended. The difference in the bush and ball joints alone can easily cause alignment issues.

9. TedH77 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Ethiopia tedh7 Vilnius
    Thanks!

Also, are these screws which are screwed into car body, are they hard? is it possible to break them in to two pieces? Because if i break them i will have a lot of problems...:Smile:

MattBeardless likes this.
  10. MattBeardless Service Team H-Tune Staff

United Kingdom Matt Derby
    They're a one piece construction as far as I'm aware, there's a number of CL9 Accords on site here at H-Tuen at present, so I'm sure we can check.

If they're anything like the 88-00 Civics were (which I believe they are from memory), they're bolted to same area as the strut top mounts.

I'm happy to check if required, just let me know. :Smile:

TedH77 likes this.
  11. TedH77 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Ethiopia tedh7 Vilnius
    Thanks for your help! You're very friendly!
    The last question I have what size bolts they are? (in picture they are number 12.) I do not have access to the car right now so maybe someone knows, because someone says it's 12mm others 14mm.. So maybe someone could help me out!
    - - - Updated - - -

Attached Files:

MattBeardless likes this.
  12. Zebster Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

The excellent guide says 12mm, however I've changed 3 of these UCAs and in my memory the heads are 14mm AF (but it's been a few years since I've done this). Maybe you should get a 12mm spanner and a 14mm spanner, just in case? I'm sure you'll get a chance to use both!

I clearly recall how difficult it is to get these pivot bolts out, because they interfere with the spring as they come undone. But if you follow the guide and remove the suspension leg top mounting then you can push down on the hub with your foot and pull the top of the leg outwards to just get enough room. The good news is that the nuts are captive, so no spanner needed there.

Good luck. It's an easy job, just a bit of a game to get those pivot bolts out and then back in.

TedH77 and MattBeardless like this.
  13. TedH77 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Ethiopia tedh7 Vilnius
    Hey guys, just replaced both control arms, and i have some weird sounds after test drive, its like knocking sound.. Maybe I done something wrong? I will add some hinge pictures they are tightinen a bit different, maybe there is a problem? I don't have torque rench so I have a problem tighten those nuts.

Attached Files: