Holy Grail's

Discussion in 'Lounge & Gossip' started by Relentless, Tuesday 22nd Dec, 2009.

1. Relentless Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Its a pain in the arse looking for a car at this time of year never mind trying to find a holy grail type car with low owners, low mileage and lots of history

It used to be fairly easy a couple of years back but now these cars are getting older and its really hard to find a good one, so if you have one and your thinking about selling, re-consider!

One thing that puts me off me off is high mileage, but sometimes I wonder if I should be bothered

Look at these two scenarios, both are 97 manual Prelude 2.2 VTI within ten miles of me and both are the same price

Prelude 1

75K miles with NO history

Prelude 2

92K miles with loads of History all at Honda

7.5k/13k/20k/25k/29k/34k/37k/40k/44k/48k/55k/58k/63k/71k/87k

But the mileage still puts me off! Why!?

2. PooM CivicLife Founder ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom Steve Horsham
    At the end of the day mate, a car that has been serviced regularly and well looked after will be the better car, no matter if there is 20k mileage difference. Prelude 1 will have been run into the ground, dirty oil, only minor services if any (ie. oil changes, brake pads etc). Where as if Prelude 2 has had proper services at Honda, things like bushes, steering, suspension etc would be checked.

The only part that will be more worn is the interior if anything :nod:

Go for Prelude 2 mate :Smile:

3. Bong Guest

Yeah thats exactly what I thought

I'm not sure if i'm going to go and see it, its modded, only an intake and wheels but i'm desperate for a car now, so bored of walking and the Preludes are half my budget, just wondered what other peoples thoughts on the matter were really, plus I need this car to last at least 2 years

I think i'll keep waiting for the holy grail to turn up after christmas :Frown:

4. Gary. Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I've seen motors at 120k pull and perform harder than ones at 70k, it's just how theyre treated. Unless you're having slagging matches down the pub about whos got the lowest mileage, i don't really see what the fuss is..

5. Kadir Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Because you are a fussy bugger. LOL!!

And even if you purchased the second Prelude, I can pretty much guarantee that you will find something to complain about and end up selling not so long after, and only to land yourself in the same predicament again!

You are awesome!! :Grin:

Merry Christmas buddy..

p.s. Both Preludes are around 12 years old and to that effect the mileages given the year are not high at all.. :Smile:

6. Kadir Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I know someone who will be able to help you on your quest..

7. ek9ant Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

i see no problem with high mileage cars if they've been looked after especially if its a honda as we all know VTEC engines are preety much bullet proof :Smile:

8. Kadir Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Here you are Bong..

tom-hanks-as-robert-langdon-e28093-angels-and-demons3.

9. Bong Guest

I have too, its just the car has to last me 2 years at least and have reasonable performance vs running costs, when I say running costs fuel and insurance are not an issue, its maintanance that is

You know me too well Kadir, which is why I am so cautios with my next purchase, or should I say paranoid, I don't know anymore :Tongue:

Merry Christmas to you too man :cool:

And :rofl: at Mr Tom

10. Porker New Member Getting Started

What colour is the 92k'er?

11. Bong Guest

Black mate, what mileage is yours on fuckface?

12. Porker New Member Getting Started

115k.

FHSH.

I paid

13. Bong Guest

See if it was

14. Porker New Member Getting Started

I lied.

I actually only paid

15. Kadir Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I haven't ever sold a car as it goes! Touch wood, my cars have been good to me and are sadly not for sale..

There was that blue MB6 which looked fairly tidy. Did that not appeal to you Bong?

16. haggis Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

mileage has never bothered me with motors tbh....

it seems to bother everyone i work with though...i don't understand it....

example: 2001 Accord 2.0i Executive, 150,000miles,motorway miles, FHSH, all the goodies (leather, climate control etc) -

17. Bong Guest

I asked questions but no reply as of yet

It does appeal but i've had two already and want something a bit different

18. Smiley Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

buy the well serviced one, i had a a4tdi, that had 160k on the clock, but as it was full service history, it ran well for 18months, then i sold it for my than i paid.

if you truely want lowmileage wlee looked after, you may have to start looking at 2001 on cars. unfortunaley, i think honda made some proper shat after this date. just my opinion though

19. Bong Guest

2001 onwards Honda as you know are poo, apart from EP3's but I don't want an EP3

I'm going to wait for that Holy Grail to turn up, it has to turn up sooner or later, right!?

20. Kadir Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Patience is indeed a virtue..