hi i'm new =)

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by saqib, Sunday 20th Dec, 2009.

1. saqib Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

hi everyone :wave:

new to the Civic world just joined the forum to get some info and see what other people have done to there Civics i'm 16 by the way and almost 17 have been given the choice of picking my 1st car so i've kinda brought it down to two options a Civic or a starlet

hope you enjoyed my little read by the way lol :cool:

2. HotPinkBabe Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Hey and Welcome

Good luck with the insurance for a first car

3. Magically-delicious Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

welcome! go for the Civic! way nicer than a starlet!

4. saqib Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

thx

lool ,

i'm kinda on the fence at the moment ,

:Smile:

5. Shib786 Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

welcome mate, where you from?

and id defo go for a Civic now after having a starlet and it not being the best for me haha!

6. saqib Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

thx

i'm from birmingham

lool i'm sort of moving towards a Civic tbh but still unsure , lool "not being the best for me " how come ?

7. Shib786 Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

erm, in the space of 2-3 months, i had 3 engines in my glanza, rebuilding it again atm and hopefully get it rid of :Smile:

8. Naj_Ej Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

yo man welcome! go with the Civic u want regret it! yer the startlet are fast but not nicest looking.

9. tbukhtaw Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

welcome bro hope u enjoy your stay :Grin:

10. saqib Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

@ shib

wow

there not that reliable then lol thx 4 the info aswell , good luck on selling it :Smile:

thx lool still on the fence though yh the looks arnt the best

thx will do bro :Smile:

11. chelt_scene Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

welcome mate youll be lucky to get insured on a Civic at 17 :Frown: i was payin like 200 a month when i was 18 :/

12. chelt_scene Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

and you defo won't get insured on a starlet so don't bother looking at them :Grin: i probly wouldn't and im nearlly 20 :Frown:

13. fysecivic Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

welcome to civiclife

14. Kadir Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Welcome to CL..

15. James Rowe Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

the n/a starlets are fairly reliable. Which I expect is what you're looking at? Seen as you'd be lucky to insure a turbo! I know a mate thats 18 with a starlet turbo, pays 3k insurance and the car is worth about 1.5k.

16. saqib Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

thx 4 the welcome

everyone :Smile:

@ james rowe

nope not a n/a was looking at a glanza tbh the insurance at 17 would be just over 2k

17. Flymo Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

What? i got a quote on a glanza when i was 17 for

18. rooh010 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

id go for the Civic much more reliable and as ppl have said looks nicer

insurance is affected by postcode etc too meby why ppl are getting lower quotes.. all depends on your circumstances.. but i doubt you will get insurance on the glanza at 17 due to the turbo.. even if you do it will be through the roof

19. saqib Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

lool donno about a final choice yet ;P

yh thats true all the quotes i've seen for a glanza have been into the thousands and also parts are meant to be rare to find for starlet where as Civic there widely available

20. PowellyEG Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Firstly welcome to CL but if your a midlands boy like me check out our forum - http://theorientacademy.top-forum.net/forum.htm

Were all midlands lads on here so can help out with local stuff we also hold midlands meets so you can see what having a Civic is all about.

good luck with the insurance....

Jay

Come join us on - http://theorientacademy.top-forum.net/forum.htm