ICE & HFT HFT locked

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by Simes, Monday 2nd Sep, 2019.

1. Simes Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

B1C37D1E-FB69-4C77-8010-CA43A1B1419B. Hi guys
    I’ve bought myself a new(er) CM2, this time a 2006 with HFT which appears to be functioning just fine, apart from the fact that it’s asking for a four digit unlock code.
    The previous owner (in Aberdeen!) said that he had not managed to get the code from the bloke he had bought the car from, so I’m guessing it’ll need resetting with HDS.

SO- my question is: Is there anyone in the midlands that could help me out?

Or any other suggestions?

Cheers, Simon.

2. Heckler Club Moderator Club Staff

Have you got the manual, there's a system reset procedure in there that should clear the entire thing back to factory settings.

3. Simes Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Reset won’t work until you can unlock it unfortunately.

4. Heckler Club Moderator Club Staff

Damn... I was just setting mine up on the replacement and read it in the manual the other day... Declined to set up the password option when it prompted.

5. Simes Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Asking again - anyone have HDS that could remove the locking code from my HFT please?

6. Heckler Club Moderator Club Staff

Just a thought, have you tried the default 0000 or 1234 code that's often set by factory.

7. Simes Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I’ve tried them all!
    It locks out after three unsuccessful attempts, but each journey I do I try some more using the voice recognition.

8. Heckler Club Moderator Club Staff

The only thing I can find is having it reset by a dealer... I wonder where it stores the password, do you have a spare BT module you can swap in and see if that works?