General Helpful guides and books

Discussion in 'Lounge & Gossip' started by Baggedcivic99, Monday 10th Dec, 2018.

1. Baggedcivic99 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Ireland Abigail Ballymoney
    Doing a conversion in my ej9 has always been in the pipeline for things that are definitely going to happen somewhere along the road, was looking online for guides and came across these books, has anyone ever used them or have another useful links for a b swap.

44246BA1-8520-4494-8A3D-2A46C2D68E78.

2. andy83 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom andy shropshire
    mate seen the top book before have you search the net for Integra DC2 Type-r as these ran the B-series...

Baggedcivic99 likes this.
  3. Nighthawk Club Moderator Club Staff

@SpeedyGee would be a good one to talk about engine conversions. He is very knowledgable on those sorts of things.

But looking forward to your upcoming project :Thumbup:

4. DeviateDefiant Managing Director H-Tune Staff

United Kingdom Leo Corby
    There's not too much to it @Baggedcivic99, at least not so much you should worry about a guide book. Your basics are quite simply getting a B-Series engine complete with ancillaries, loom, box, shafts, header etc. Buying some engine conversion mounts, and then a P28 ECU and harness to run the whole set-up. Rip out old, bolt in new.

If you get a B16A2 swap from an EK4, it's almost just drop-in and run. Or you can mix and match with B18C/B18C4 parts from an DC2/MB6/MC2, or even looking at a B20B/B20Z block from a CR-V. If you're comfortable with basic mechanics stuff like changing belts, removing driveshafts etc. you will not find it too hard at all.

There's tons of B-Series swaps right on this forum full of images, and we probably deal with a dozen a month at @H-Tune too :Smile:

5. Baggedcivic99 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I’ve always leaned more towards getting a b18c if I could find a good enough engine when it comes to getting one I would probably have to end up sending the car away to be built for me as I don’t have the space to have a go at doing it myself unfortunately. Yea I’ll have to have a proper look into it when it comes closer to the time of doing the swap but for now I was just looking for some guides and lists of parts that I would need so that I can scale up the cost of what to save up for :Smile:

6. DeviateDefiant Managing Director H-Tune Staff

United Kingdom Leo Corby
    Well a lot of the cost comes down to what second-hand parts you can source, even the engine mounts can be second hand from an EK4/EK9 if you can get your hands on some. The one thing you need to pay attention to with the mounts, is the right post mount is different on some models to others, some are 2 bolt, some 3.

2-vs-3-bolt-honda-d-b-series-post-mount.

Otherwise you want:
    • B-Series Engine (w/ Ancillaries - Alternator/PS Pump/Intake Manifold/Throttle/Gearbox etc.)
    • Exhaust Header
    • Engine Mounts
    • Driveshafts
    • Engine Bay Loom
    • P28/P30 ECU (Chipped with Correct Map)
    • OBD2B to OBD1 ECU Conversion Harness
    There's obviously lots of little service stuff you'll want swapping it in too, like fresh spark plugs, oil filter, coolant, etc. Many people would also do either a full rebuild with fresh piston rings etc., or just a gaskets/seals renewal too - the upper gaskets being the more important ones.

Nighthawk and Baggedcivic99 like this.
  7. Nighthawk Club Moderator Club Staff

8. andy83 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

@Baggedcivic99 I just want give you some advice on the B-series mate make sure the valves have been adjusted correctly, as some of the B-series was known to get valves go to closed and burnt out..
    Thanks
    Andy

Last edited: Tuesday 11th Dec, 2018
  9. SpeedyGee Club Manager Club Staff

England Speedy Birmingham
    Who ?
    - - - Updated - - -
    I think you just tagged the wrong person @andy83 :Grin:

10. andy83 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

i'll edit it :Smile:

11. Zebster Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

] 2op7gb.
    - - - Updated - - -
    How about putting in a diesel?

DrSam and Baggedcivic99 like this.
  12. DrSam Club Moderator Club Staff

United Kingdom Sam Birmingham
    Agree :lol:

Baggedcivic99 and Zebster like this.
  13. Baggedcivic99 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

At this point with the car still not working I’ll accept a £5 note and a snickers multi pack if anyone wants it :Whistle:

14. andy83 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Mate don't get rid of her she will get sorted...

15. Zebster Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Which B-series would be your preferred engine? That's probably a good starting point for further discussion.

DrSam likes this.
  16. DrSam Club Moderator Club Staff

United Kingdom Sam Birmingham
    How about £4 and Bounty? :Tongue:

17. Baggedcivic99 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

It needs to be two really shiny £2 coins and a bounty duo then haha:gotcha:
    - - - Updated - - -
    @andy83 I don’t think I’ll ever get rid of her, it’s a family heirloom :Smile: don’t think I would ever sell it now I’ve had it that long and done that much with it I would be lost without it sitting on my drive
    - - - Updated - - -
    @Zebster personally I’ve always wanted to put the b18c into it, at the start when I first bout the car I thought about a b16a2 but then I thought if I was going that far with it I might as well do something with a bit more power :Smile: but it’s one of the last things that have on my list to complete the car

andy83 and DrSam like this.
  18. Zebster Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I guess it would be useful to know if the B18 engine can mate up to your existing gearbox?

Hopefully someone will know