help! :S

Discussion in '5th Generation (1992-1995)' started by James91, Saturday 5th Dec, 2009.

1. James91 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

hey guys im breaking my EG lsi and im whipping the engine out and iv got one of the gear linkages off it was just a bolt jobby but now i can't get the other one off it apears to have a splitpin in it but i can get it out iv tryed hammering it through with a screwdriver but its just not coming : i havnt got alotta room btw as my cars up on steel wheels with a brick on top and my engines suspended on a crane and iv gotta crawl under to get at em. any tips on how to get it or should i drop the engine through the bottom and lift the car over it as im told thats how ther made

Cheers!

2. ek-greeny Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Lift the car over them is what I've done on the past if the car is scrap. I found that "the bitch pin" (the split pin your struggling with) usually comes out alot easier one way than the other, try knocking it out from the top rather than the bottom, I used the threaded end of a long 10mm bolt!

3. James91 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

ahh cheers mate ill try that first and if not ill lift it over and if not that i get the sthil saw out :Smile:

4. wanstar Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

drill it out thats what i had to do then just replace it with a new split pin.

5. Pearse Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Iv heard about these "Bitch Pins" lol my mate had a chew with it on his CR-X, can't help but laugh at the name given to it lol