Help Rear ARB issues

Discussion in '6th Generation (1996-2000)' started by titchcivic, Thursday 19th Nov, 2009.

1. titchcivic Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

I have just fitted some Function 7 LCA's and the ARB droplinks don't seem long enough? as in the threaded area doesn't stick out of the LCA hole has anyone else had this issue?

James

2. DanF Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

You need ajustable drop links with Function 7 LCAs

Blox ones will be fine.

3. NeilVtec Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

as said,

Only issue... i have blox ones and the spherical joint's have both gone already knocking around like shit, however they were fitted with the car in the air so if they were slightly off it would of given it tension from the second it hit the ground making it wear out quick. basically when your fitting them make sure the car is sitting on the back wheels on a level surface! :Smile:

4. titchcivic Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

ok cool what other options are there regarding the droplinks?

is it possible to get a better make?

james

5. NeilVtec Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

tbh mate the blox ones are good, i think it was just the added tension on mine that made them wear out quicker , they will all wear out eventually!

There a few options available if you look, i know ASR make Droplinks aswell

Rumour has it that Integra Type-R Rear droplinks fit through Function 7 LCA's,

having the eyelit style LCA's on the Integra they are thicker than our standard ones :Smile:

Im yet to try any out tho!! (if you find out they do let me know :Tongue: )

6. al9955 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

function 7 also do optional drop links to suit their LCA's

al9955

7. titchcivic Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

ok well i may try some blox ones then :Grin: unless its probs worth getting the asr setup?

8. NeilVtec Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

its deffo worth getting the ASR set-up mate!, you get the droplinks in the kit with the uprated ARB :Smile: