help needed which ecu to use

Discussion in '6th Generation (1996-2000)' started by bobby66t, Sunday 29th Nov, 2009.

1. bobby66t Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

hi

i have a ej9 with the b18c4 engine and im using the d16y8 loom ..

i want to use a standard ECU , i know i can't use the c4 ECU because of the imobiliser so what i need to know is what ECU i can use so it runs properly ,

i know the loom is obd2a but i also have the jumper harness to obd1 if it is nessesary

any help would be good help thank you :Smile:

2. bobby66t Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

hasn,t anybody got an idea what ECU i can use the one im using is from winfab and its total shit :cry: :cry:

i just want it to run right as i have a half hour drive to and from work each day and don't want to start every morning now :Messed:

please help me

3. carlsberg Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

are you seriously kidding? you just want to plug an ECU in after doing an engine swap from d16-b18 and it to run fine straight away?

why do you think you can use a standard ECU? you need to get a socketed p28 or p30 and then pay someone to tune the car for you

4. Performancetek Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

You could just knock the immobiliser out the c4 ECU, convert the harness and run that, but the way carlsberg says will get you better performance.

5. Garage-12 Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

yeh a just got a p30 chipped and got a basemap knocked up to run on for my c4, done the job, probably less hastle than messing with the standard ECU, now running hondata s300 now, but chipped p30 or p28 is defo the way to do it if you ask me

6. Shadowdemon88 Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

i ordered an obd1 ECU from american with a gsr map on it. was abt

7. bobby66t Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

cheers guys for the info i will see what i can find but i haven,t got anyone anywhere near me that i know of to set the car up ... i live in peterborough by the way near cambridge .. im rubish at electrical stuff

8. Performancetek Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I don't think hond-r are a million miles from you?

9. Beau23 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

i'v seen people runnin standard p30's on the c4 it run's a little lean but nothin major don't take my word for it tho.. Get a p28 or p30 and chip it

10. hond-r Commercial Services Trader

if you want a plug and play then delete immobiliser, obd2a to 1 harness and add the wires you need...only if your not looking to tune later on in life....

11. bobby66t Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

how do you delete the immobilser mate just out interest does a p73 work on the c4 ?

12. bobby66t Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

i have just found out the ECU im using is a p72 with a jun chip and its rubbish ,,

its a bitch to start cold ,it won't idle until its warmed up and the VTEC don't seem to kick in until about 6000 RPM

13. Smiley Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

unless you can get hold of a p75, i would go carlsbergs route. p30/28 and have it tuned