Introductions Help needed to validate an HR-V year of manufacture.

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Dom J, Thursday 2nd Aug, 2018.

1. Dom J New Member Getting Started

England DJ Bristol
    Hi
    I’ve eecently imported a 2003 HR-V to the UK but have lost the original registration. The DVLA require validation of the year of manufacture which is 2003 to allow registration (I still have copies of the certificate). They suggested I contact an owners club to see if anyone knows how to get an official link from the chassis number to year of manufacture. For other cars the owners club will validate against a photo etc. Anyone have any ideas?
    Thanks

2. Nels Moderator Staff Team

E-mail Honda in Japan with the VIN and they can give you the exact day she rolled off the production line.

3. Dom J New Member Getting Started

England DJ Bristol
    Thank you for that. Most appreciated. Will dog around to find Honda Japan. Thanks

4. Dom J New Member Getting Started

England DJ Bristol
    Hi Nels

Thanks again for the reply - do you by any chance have a contact in Honda Japan - I have spent hours trying to find a relevant one and clearly connecting with the wrong ones.
    Would be appreciated. Thanks
    Dom
    - - - Updated - - -

Hi
    Thanks very much for this. Sorry to be a pain. Do you have a relevant email or contact details by any chance? I have spent hours not finding the right one and clearly connecting with the wrong people. Would be very much appreciated. Thank you again.

5. Nels Moderator Staff Team

Try Honda Customer Relations Automobile at customersvc4@spirit.honda.co.jp
    You will need to quote your VIN for them to pull up the information regarding your Honda.
    I would also keep the language simple as the folk on the other end are Japanese and will need to translate your e-mail and then their reply back to you.

I have found them to be very efficient and helpful - That's the Honda way!

andy83 likes this.