Help needed and advice

Discussion in 'Lounge & Gossip' started by vtecivic123, Wednesday 9th Dec, 2009.

1. vtecivic123 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hello, I recently booked my driving test for next week Wednesday 16th (lucky I know =]) but I have no car to do the test in and I have no time for lessons. instructors want me in the car for at least 15 hours before allowing

me to use their car. What should I do. I can,t seem to find a driver.

Help needed ASAP.

2. Txspete EG2 Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Get a friend or relative to insure you on their car, stick 'L' plates on it and you can get them to teach you. They need to be over 21 and have held a licence for at least 3 years if I remember correctly.

3. BigJames Commercial Services Trader

I would cancel your test...

If you havent had much practise then chances are you won't pass, and if you fluke it you will be a shoddy driver as you don't have ANY experience.

don't waste money trying to blag a test

4. vtecivic123 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I have been driving for a long time now and I feel I am ready to take my test.

5. Site Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

as james said :Smile: don't rush into driving, I thought I could of done my test months before my instructor even mentioned booking it.... he said to me its how he teaches, and how he likes teaching through experience, i mean he even gave me 5 double lessons for free just so I could drive more....And im not gonna lie i think it paid off....i have always been cautious and still do all the learner style driving apart from the push and pull steering....

but I would prefer to learn and gain experience, than just getting in a car...doing a test and hoping that I pass....

6. Stu. Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

His post doesn't say that he hasn't learned to drive. Just that instructors require 15 hours of lessons to do use their car for the test. I'm assuming he can drive, just not been taught by a proper instructor, or that his instructor's car is unavailable.

But you can do your test in any car I think, as long as you're insured on it. Try and borrow one from a friend or family. Failing that you might be able to use a hire car?

7. Andy Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

http://www.driving-test-success.com/driving-articles/own-car-driving-test.htm

Seems more hassle than it's worth tbh, probably best off going with an instructor. I'm sure they'll notice how good a driver you say you are after a few lessons and book you in anyway, I've not heard of their being a 15 lesson limit before. Although the rules have recently changed IIRC.

8. BigJames Commercial Services Trader

Yeah but what sort of driving have you been doing? Regular lessons with an experienced driver (not your mate in a car park etc)?

There is no need to rush into things, its better to take your time and become a better driver than pass by fluking it and then have an accident due to inexperience

9. vtecivic123 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I think I should try and find a private instructor who can let me rent their car for the test. Maybe someone on gumtree

10. large_steve182 Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

i reckon an almost certain fail, just my opinion,

11. Porker New Member Getting Started

I agree with the large one.

But at the same time, if you feel ready, do it. My driving instructor kept puttine me off, saying I wasn't ready and I felt I was.

I booked it, and passed :Grin: