Help Meeee!!!! Electrical Question inside

Discussion in '6th Generation (1996-2000)' started by NeilVtec, Wednesday 18th Nov, 2009.

1. NeilVtec Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

the thing that makes the beep (the quiet inside beep ) for my alarm seems to be nackard, its just making stupid annoying squealing noises the whole time at differnt pitches / volumes, if i take out the fuse for the immobiliser / alarm then it goes off so its definately that, any ideas as to what could be causing it? could i fix it myself ?

Its just really annoying me now as whenever i stop moving all i can hear is this bloody whining!!! :Angry:

any help wud be much appreciated!

2. NeilVtec Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

aannyyooonnee ?

3. jdmek Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom Adam London
    sounds as if you have water in the siren. we had this trouble with the porsches and the mercs. they make randon funny noises. where is your siren located, is it somewhere water can sit. best thing is to locate if and replace it or just cut it out

4. NeilVtec Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

is that a little siren inside the car? or do you mean the big one under the bonnet?

this is Definately coming from inside the car, id did it before and stopped for months, until i cleaned the engine back and then it started doing it again, (maybe it got wet?) then it was fine again, but then this time i didnt even get it wet (i don't think) i just had it jacked up swapping exhausts over, put it back down and its done it ever since with varying volume, maybe the jacking up made some water run from somewhere into it :Messed: