Introductions Hello

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Nige, Tuesday 26th Mar, 2019.

1. Nige Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

As above hello. I have a CR-V petrol at the moment. it’s been such a good car I’m buying another this coming Friday. This time we have gone for the diesel auto version. I’ve got lazy & sitting in traffic I just think it’s a no brainier. What’s your thoughts? Be kind it’s my 1st post

2. Heckler Club Moderator Club Staff

Hi and welcome to the site, remember to take a look at the sites posting rules and FAQ and feel free to join in.

As for the diesel CR-V, depends on how much driving you do and if you're buying a diesel with a DPF or not... Anything with the 2.2 CDTi will be free from the DPF anything with the 2.2 I-DTEC will have a DPF.

So check any car you are buying has been looked after properly, and if it's got more than 70-80k on the clock... See if there are receipts for a replacement DPF. Also carefully check the service history and what kind of oil is used... it's not good enough to just have a 0w30 fully synthetic in there... it needs to be a Low SAPS oil too. This is because it creates less ash and residue that can clog up the DPF. There are services out there that will clean your DPF by removing it and litterally washing it in a chemical solution to remove residue... That costs about £200-300 depending where you live... a new DPF can be had for £600-700 if you can fit it yourself (it's normally top front and centre on these cars).

If you do mainly short journeys, then a DPF may prove problematic as they require regular long stints at decent speeds and revs to burn of the build up... So ebar all that in mind.

Take a look in the CR-V section and a look at the types of posts/problems people commonly get... There may also be a buying tips post on things to look for.

SpeedyGee likes this.
  3. SpeedyGee Club Manager Club Staff

England Speedy Birmingham
    Hi Nige, weclome to Club H-Tune :Hey:

We're always nice! :Smile:

I think @Heckler has covered some very good points above, I can#t think of anything else I can add.

Keep here regularly serviced with the correct grade of oil and make sure you are doing the occasional motorway run to stretch her legs out to help avoid blocking up the DPF and I'm sure she will serve you well.

4. Nige Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Thanks guys. Hopefully picking the new one up tomorrow. As the garage is near Dartford no doubt the wife will persuade me in to IKEA. It is hard to resist the meatballs. :Smile:

5. Nige Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Ok picked the car up & really pleased. Two things I didn’t realise when looking for one city stop & 19 ins wheels very nice. Could I also pick your brains. Has anyone had there car mapped? It’s a big car for only 140bhp. Could do with a tweet maybe so any recommendations? Will get some pics up at some point.

6. Heckler Club Moderator Club Staff

It's a question I posted up in the diesel engine section... But had no replies. I was considering a remap and EGR delete... But I'd like to have peoples input and experiences of doing it before I take the leap.

7. Nige Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

If I understand right. An EGR delete is an M.O.T failure? Had a quick look this evening & there’s a few reputable companies mapping.

8. Heckler Club Moderator Club Staff

DPF delete is no longer legal... I've not seen anything about the EGR all it does is recirculate some of the exhaust gases back into the intake system... Which has the side effect of clogging up the EGR valve... Take a look at my 07 saloon and you'll see some pics of how bad it can get.
    - - - Updated - - -
    Just done some checking, and there are no rules on EGR removal for the MOT... The current MOT has no way to detect NOX levels on diesels which is what the EGR lowers... So unless you have a particularly obnoxious MOT tester, there's nothing he can do to fail a car if it passes the emissions without the EGR fitted... and if they try to... Demand a copy of the emissions failure sheet.

9. Nige Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

My bad I had them mixed up Doh!

10. Heckler Club Moderator Club Staff

We all do... last night I was tired and told someone to put the wrong spec oil in their car... Luckily some one else corrected me... I blame a lack of sleep... much like tonight, which is why I'm up at 3am

11. Nige Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Are you a shift worker by any chance,or just to much on your mind?
    I’ve emailed A few companies & waiting for replies on there tune. I’ve viewed some other forums to get ad much info as I can it’s looking promising.

12. Nige Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

A couple of pics with the phone. More than happy with it. Hadn’t seen 19ins rims on one before? Genuine Honda wheels though, also has city stop ? In fact it’s the best spec I’ve seen on a CR-V 507951E7-729C-4F22-98C0-9079F25A2C07. 8F310716-125C-489E-AD6C-AC0FE284C461.

Heckler likes this.
  13. DrSam Club Moderator Club Staff

United Kingdom Sam Birmingham
  14. Nige Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I’ve sorted the new car into the forum garage. It’s not allowing me to sell my other CR-V?

DrSam likes this.
  15. DrSam Club Moderator Club Staff

United Kingdom Sam Birmingham
    In order to be able to access the H-Tune Club marketplace to sell, you need to be a "Club Member" or higher.
    Normally this is after 25 post's on the forum, you are not far off, keep up with your participation and you'll get there.
    Meanwhile why not add the previous Honda to the club garage as well as previously owned?

16. Nige Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Thank you.

17. Nige Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I will post
    - - - Updated - - -
    In the
    - - - Updated - - -
    For sale
    - - - Updated - - -
    Section when
    - - - Updated - - -
    I have
    - - - Updated - - -
    Enough
    - - - Updated - - -
    To do so :Smile:
    - - - Updated - - -
    Sorry mods
    - - - Updated - - -
    Sorry admin :Smile:
    - - - Updated - - -
    F51DB5C5-DA2C-424A-A9F3-49DAF1DE957D. ED11DFEC-C666-40B4-B16B-1D6F0535D519. C3128DD3-EC13-455D-9FD1-8B8AB1B37632. D545B039-5458-4264-AA4C-3B9C53ADD77E.

Heckler likes this.
  18. SpeedyGee Club Manager Club Staff

#FAIL

:Laughing:

19. Nige Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I tried! Hopefully now I’ve finished work I can get a bit more involved :Smile:

20. SpeedyGee Club Manager Club Staff

Pleas do :Smile: