Introductions Hello! Tourer exec in "dark mocha pearl"

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Jaypee, Wednesday 13th Feb, 2019.

1. Jaypee Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Joe Brighton
    Just picked this up. Very happy so far. Hoping to keep it a good while. It replaces an old (04) Audi A6 Avant and before that a Mondeo estate (ford need to come up with a fancy name for their estates!)

I guess the colour is what might mark the Honda out a bit from others. And the tan interior. Not so keen on the walnut trim but can't have everything! And there's a certain retro kitsch to it.

Bit worried about the electric tailgate. Pretty much any of the "toys" can stop working with no great consequence - but not that one.

I'll try and sort some better photos at some point.

2. Norms Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi, nice car. I had a 53 plate Tourer a while ago and the only problem I had with the tailgate was the fact the release handle rusted up and occasionally got stuck so it wouldn't lock or open depending on what position the handle jammed. I'm assuming this isn't a common problem though as I hadn't heard anyone else with that same problem :Laughing:

3. Jaypee Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Cheers! Yeah i don't think a spray of WD40 would sort out an electric tailgate

Just added a few more photos in my "garage"

Norms likes this.
  4. DrSam Club Moderator Club Staff

United Kingdom Sam Birmingham
    Hello @Jaypee thank you for your introduction and welcome to Club H-Tune.

Here are some useful information:
    "Popular Guides For New Members"

Whats wrong with it?

5. Jaypee Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi sorry, should have been clearer. Not actually anything wrong with it now but I can imagine its the kind of thing that just goes one day, no warning, at the most inopportune time! I like all the other toys but that one I'd probably be happy without (or at least a manual failsafe that's usable on a daily basis.

I'd be interested to know the failure rate at high mileage (I'm on 146k) and whether there's anything obvious to mitigate the risk.
    - - - Updated - - -
    Obviously anything can go wrong with a car but spending a chunk on something essential is easier to stomach. And if other "conveniences" stop working you can usually just leave them, at least for a while.

6. DrSam Club Moderator Club Staff

United Kingdom Sam Birmingham
    Heres some posts on electric tailgate:
    https://h-tune.co.uk/club/threads/honda-accord-tourer-tailgate-issues-and-trobleshooting.15685/live

https://h-tune.co.uk/club/threads/2006-accord-tourer-tailgate-issue.21632/live

https://h-tune.co.uk/club/threads/tailgate-hell.188067/#post-2334120

This depends on how the car been maintained and driven previously and how you are maintaining and driving it. My Accord 2.2icdti, i purchased at the end of 2016 with roughly 150k, the only thing i did was regular maintenance and changed a alternator with a refurbished unit (£130 parts and labour), still going strong with 172k on it now.

7. SayamaAccord Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom Cliff County Durham
    Very nice mate.
    Yours is a facelift 7th Generation and Honda resolved a lot of the tailgate issues in your version.