HVAC Heater.

Discussion in '3rd Generation (2006-2012)' started by hukent, Wednesday 6th Feb, 2019.

1. hukent Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Wales Hu Kent CARDIFF
    Does anyone else's heater take ages to warm up?

2. honda_saj Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom saj east london
    how long is ages ?

3. hukent Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Wales Hu Kent CARDIFF
    about 5/6 minutes, or around 10 miles!

4. billycrv Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

mine takes around say 5 miles, so about 10-15 min till it starts to move I would say

5. Sandy52 Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Sandy NORWICH
    Air temperature is obviously a big factor, before you start the car, and how long it needs before the car starts putting out warm air. My CR-V takes about 5-6 minutes ( maybe 2-3 miles) before warmish air is coming from the vents. (starting from cold).

If this is a problem for you you can cheat by either starting your car and letting it run ( under load - heated rear window, lights on, radio on) for 5 minutes, (remember that it is illegal to run your car unattended on a public road, and your insurance won't cover you if someone nicks it).
    You could install a programmable engine preheater, an used in colder climates like Norway. They work well but are expensive to buy and install. Honda did have one as an option in the UK but its no longer available as an option. Landrover, Mercedes BMW still offer them on new cars I believe.

Or just heat the cabin with a small 240v electric heater on a timer. Just remember to remove it before you drive off!

6. hukent Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Wales Hu Kent CARDIFF
    I had a series 2 CR-V before this one, and the heater warmed up very quickly compared to this one.

7. Wizard Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Andy Surrey
    The diesels are slow to warm, but when they are the heater is great.

DrSam likes this.