Tools Heated seat? Or like-warm seat?

Discussion in 'Tools & Equipment' started by hotnedfrog0708, Monday 6th Aug, 2018.

1. hotnedfrog0708 New Member Getting Started

2016 Honda C-RV with leather seats. The heated seat works ok (but not great) in the passenger seat. However, it is noticeably cooler in the driver’s seat. We’ve had multiple people and they all say the same thing. Driver’s seat isn’t fully heating.

We’ve taken it to the dealership several times to fix (we purchased the extended warranty). They told us that it is on head and that it works fine. The service department had a temperature gauge and it heated to 82 degrees Fahrenheit. They said it is fine and they won’t fix it.

What is the normal temperature range that Honda heated seat should heat to?

It’s my parent’s car and they live 50 miles from the closest dealership. It is quite costly to go back and forth and for them to not fix the issue and tell us we have a mental problem...

2. Nels Club Moderator Club Staff

They should be the same.. Shouldn't they?
    Any other CR-V owners had this problem?

hotnedfrog0708 likes this.
  3. Hondalad Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

England Steve Derbyshire
    Did they check the temperature of both seats and compare them? 82F works out about 28C, I'm sure that the seats in my wife's Civic get hotter than that. I'm sure they both get to the same temperature too.

I can check what temperature both of them get to if you think it'll be any help to you? I won't be able to do it until the weekend though.

hotnedfrog0708 likes this.
  4. Sandy52 Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Sandy NORWICH
    The seats on my CR-V get warm but never very warm, and are slow to warm on a cold day, like last winter.
    A previous car had adjustable heating, and cooling.

My wife's car has seats that heat up very quickly and are VERY warm.

5. hotnedfrog0708 New Member Getting Started

@Hondalad, I would appreciate it if you could check the temperatures and let me know! My folks live in a different state and I just got back from visiting them. I noticed a huge difference between the driver and passenger seat temperatures. We took it for a four hour drive and only twice (randomly) for about a minute did the passenger seat actually heat.

6. Hondalad Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

England Steve Derbyshire
    H
    Hi, sorry I'm just getting back to you I had forgotten all about it. I tested them today and found that the drivers seat was 34.8C (94.6F) and the passenger seat was 36.2C (97.2). I measured both the back of the seat and the actual seat and they were within 0.1C of each other.