HDR photographs Ford Racing Concept Fiesta rally car

Discussion in 'Photography & Photoshop' started by PonnyJ, Thursday 24th Dec, 2009.

1. PonnyJ Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

went to penrith last friday early morning (7am) to hav a nosey around this fiesta rally car that wass there for a topgear shoot (rally car out of the rally environment type of thing)

took a few HDR photo's and thought they came out pretty well so here they are

rally1.

rally2.

rally3.

rally4.

rally6.

2. Site Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

mate those HDR are fuckin ugly...i don't mean to be a prick....but don't use HDR to make it look 'cool'....as no offence...it looks uglier than my nans vagina....

3. Andy Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Any normal pics?

First time I've seen it :Smile:

4. Shib786 Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Do them pics put strain on anyone elses eyes or just mine? if it doesnt then im special :Grin:

5. Site Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

http://www.cambridgeincolour.com/tutorials/high-dynamic-range.htm

This will help with the correct use of HDR :Smile:

6. large_steve182 Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

HDR stands for high dynamic range (or similar), basically an image callibrated from 3 different exposures, one exposed for shadows, one for midtones and one for highlights,

while not being offensive, looks as if youve went into photoshop and clicked every effect under the sun

7. Site Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

they are just tone mapped wrongly...etc...i see hundreds of people try to use HDR photos in exploring...and they all do it to make the place look cool, or ghost like etc....i bet if he tone mapped the exposed photos right they would look mint....

8. PonnyJ Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

heres some more photos (normal ones)

SDC10200.

SDC10206.

SDC10207.

SDC10216.

SDC10219.

SDC10231.

SDC10237.

9. Ross. Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

i like them!

10. Site Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

see they need some suttle HDR...what did you shoot them on etc??

11. PonnyJ Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

they were just done on my compact camera (samsung ST50) then processed with "photomatrix pro 3.2"

12. WELZ Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Are you supposed to wear 3D glasses to view the first couple of pictures?

13. Tobiasnugent Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

lol +1 it hurts my eyes!

14. BigJames Commercial Services Trader

That us exactky why I don't like HDR. If you can tell that HDR was used then somebody fucked up.

HDR can be amazing, but only when subtle... THis just doesnt work Im afraid.

15. PittStop Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

it does look like a photoshop effect youve done there.

my friend has done some real good HDR pics with my nikon d40, now they look immense!

16. Nathj Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

hahaha

+1

17. shawthing001 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I thought the first few pictures were fake! Then I just realised they were waaaaaaaaaaaay overdone. The Fiesta does look pretty mean though

18. NeilVtec Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

HDR over used looks poor... i have to agree!

But that S2000 fiesta is an absolute beast, was reading about it in this months TG mag! :Grin:

19. rich_cooper Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Not a fan of HDR photo's

But cannot wait to see the S2000 Fiesta on the stages in 2010

20. *Rage* Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

takes practice to get the right balance with HDR software. I do tend introduce it into one or two of my own photos.

Like this