Feedback/Help Hazard Light Switch bulb Honda Accord 7 gen

Discussion in 'Feedback, Help & Suggestions' started by jvm33, Saturday 6th Apr, 2019.

1. jvm33 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

France Johann Talence
    Hello,

I wanted to replace the hazard light switch bulb on the dashboard, removed it and can't for the life of me find it now. Does anyone know what the dimensions are and what bulbs will fit and function? I have found 12V T3 and T4 LEDS (see pics below) on line but the Honda Parts website says 14V 40MA. Does that make a difference?
    I really appreciate any help I can get from the HondaKarma hive.

Thanks,
    Johann
    Capture d’écran 2019-04-06 à 19.04.46. Capture d’écran 2019-04-06 à 19.51.59. Capture d’écran 2019-04-06 à 19.52.58.

2. Heckler Club Moderator Club Staff

Have a look at this thread as it lists most of the bulbs on the cars

https://h-tune.co.uk/club/threads/want-to-get-a-guide-together-for-all-bulbs-on-accord.187448/ Which would indicate you need a T4.2, measure the size to be sure.

However, I have found that using the little LED ones in switches can be hit and miss. LED's are not multidirection light, so you can often end up with worse illumination or only part of the switch lit up. You may be better off using a standard bulb.

3. jvm33 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

France Johann Talence
    Thanks for the info. I was worried about light intensity as the LEDs are aimed outwards and the light output for the switch is at a 90° angle to the actual diode. Make I'll just bite the bullet and go to the dealer. Also was wondering as it seems there is some debate about the number of bulbs. There are sockets for two but I have read that only one lights up. Any idea if one lights up when switch is depressed and the other with headlights ?