Engine & Gearbox H2b

Discussion in 'Honda F/H-Series' started by dogg1210, Tuesday 18th Nov, 2014.

1. dogg1210 Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

As I have a h22a7 in my coupe with standard h2q7 box. Is there a big difference in fitting a b gearbox and what else do I need to do conversion and roughly at what cost. Would I be better leaving the h box in it

2. EGH_22 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Fuck the h box off get an s80 or whatever gearbox you can get.

You'll need to weld the original gearbox mount back, driveshafts and then get the h2b kit job done mate

Last edited by a moderator: Wednesday 19th Nov, 2014
  3. dogg1210 Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Do I need b series shafts too

4. EJ9 Dan Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Yeah you will 

5. Cutz Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

you mean the U2Q7 gearbox dude?

leave the h-series box in there. there's nowt wrong with them apart from 5th gear crunch and that's only if they're abused

6. dogg1210 Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

yeah that's what a meant mate u2q7 mines has the 5th gear crunch but very slight

7. Afy Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Chill ax.

I'm running h22a7 in a eg9.

Also using u2q7 box.

I'd happily line up a h2b lol.

What's the point in spinning all the way up to 5th gear?

8. Cutz Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

exactly.

i've gone to all the trouble of fitting the shifter cables and everything else, my M2B4 gearbox is a demon and for the cost of a rebuilt b-series box with all the goodies.

the full synchrotech master rebuild kit with carbon syncros, new 5th gear sleeves and even a custom-cut "cruise" 5th gear for my M2B4 is only £400.

an entire gearbox rebuild for £400 with custom gears ;-)

9. Cutz Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

bang an mfactory 4.64 final drive into that badboy and it'll rip your face off ;-)

10. dogg1210 Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Think I'll be keeping the ATR box and just get final drive maybe that'll spice it up a bit lol

11. dogg1210 Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Just had a look for one but it says it doesn't fit gearbox with LSD is there a different one for h22a7 image-1848.