Gumtree fraud example

Discussion in 'Lounge & Gossip' started by HabzY, Sunday 29th Nov, 2009.

1. HabzY Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I enquired about a car and this is the response all i asked was is the car still available lol...

Hello,

The car is in excellent condition, no damage, no engine problems, garage kept, HPI clear (no finance, no accidents) and it will come with all the needed documents!

I am selling it for

2. northwestcivic Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

i don't even have to read that to know its a scam, if it seems to good to be true, it probably is...

3. Stu. Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Looks like it. Why are they 'delivering' for a start? Why can't you go and pay cash on collection? That seems a bit dodgy for a start. Secondly why go through eBay?! Personally I'd tell them where to go.

4. Perry. Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

yeah it pisses me right off how can people fool for that?

5. jayEG6 Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

stay away! there was a post ike this around a month ago :Grin:

6. eca Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

dodddddggggeeeeyyyy

7. NathanH Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Get Porker on the case,Im sure he can think of a way to deal with a selling scammer lol

8. H22_Dan.. Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

seems weird stear clear although it did state you can test drive and view before any monies? maybe its genuine but id stear clear

9. TwistedSanity666 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

This has scam written all over it - its like that CTR which was posted on Pistonheads for around the 3k mark, but was located in Italy and they were prepared to "deliver" the car on receipt of payment + details etc

Avoid like the plague IMO

10. HabzY Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

i didnt ask for it to be delieverd lol hes just go on..

11. HabzY Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

i didnt ask for it to be delieverd lol hes just go on..

12. HabzY Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

i knew it was a scam but just wanted people to be aware of these scum bags.

13. HabzY Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

i knew it was a scam but just wanted people to be aware of these scum bags.

14. izard-industries Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

If they can waste a few hours delivering it for you, they must have enough time to waste a hour while you colect it! Dodgey IMO!

15. izard-industries Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

If they can waste a few hours delivering it for you, they must have enough time to waste a hour while you colect it! Dodgey IMO!

16. Tobiasnugent Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

just say ere do one you nob :Smile:

17. Tobiasnugent Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

just say ere do one you nob :Smile:

18. r883 Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Or wind him up

Send him someones name and address

10 Downing Street ?

19. r883 Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Or wind him up

Send him someones name and address

10 Downing Street ?

20. BubblyBex Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Theres a lot of scams going around on Gumtree at the minute weve been requiring about puppies and We've wrote of to 2 different ads and got the same reply from both;

Thanks for the mail and your interest toward my lovely babies. They are male and 2female, 12weeks 2days old,They are by Names Rose,Tina and Rocky.Before we proceed these puppies are well socialized with kids and pets like cats,Very friendly with people,They love to play with their toys,And they have an outstanding temperament,These puppies represents the highest standard of pure breed puppies...They very Intelligent and Compactly built,Registered ,Pedigree,Health Guarantee Certificate of Veterinary Inspection ,Micro-Chipped (in case ever lost or stolen) Current on all vaccinations,Wormed ,puppies Packet (Toys, Vaccination schedule and history, Crate Training info., Potty Training info.) Already diaper Trained Travel Crate with delivery,they will be coming with health certificate,KC registration papers.To begin I will start asking you some questions.

-Are you a breeder?

-Do you have kids?

-Are use to puppies?

-Are you sure that you are going to take care of any of my babies?

-Gift me a Brief Description about your Environment?

-Do you have a vet doctor?

-Were exactly are you located? i am giving out them for free

since they were owned and taken care of by my late daughter whom i lost to a drunk driver two weeks ago. Due to the mobile nature of my work since i work with EDICEF,i have relocated to Aberdeen and now i am in seminar that would last for 3months and it will not be possible for me to take proper care of the puppies which was a sole responsibility of my late daughter. They really do remind me of her sad memories all the time i look at them and hurt deeply. So, my greatest desire is to find someone who can properly take care of the puppies and if you can i will be so grateful, i can arrange for delivery if you cannot come right up here for the pick. Delivery is sure will be moderate since we spent just too little bringing the puppies up here. If this is ok by you, i will immediately need the following details in order to drop off the puppies as soon as possible at the delivery agency so that delivery can be done to your home soonest.

Names in full

Home address

City/Town

Mobile number

Land line number

And your postal code

Be reminded that these puppies are for free and all you will have to do is to pay